Morrissey Central "Bonfire Unlit" (November 14, 2022)

full

'Bonfire of Teenagers' is no longer scheduled for a February release, as stated by this site. Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Last edited by a moderator:
He's just toying with us. Don't worry we'll get our hands on it. Its all calculated between Moz and the label to drum up publicity and I hope it works, lets climb the charts! I'm switching off to it now and look forward to it coming out.

Capitol could hastily sell a few USB sticks at the USA concerts to make a quick buck before everything overheats. Buy vinyl in early 2024 too!

"Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)"

I wonder is this is because all other major labels have shown zero interest in releasing Bonfire and Morrissey hoped to resurrect the two album deal Capitol/Harvest agreed to when World Peace was released but decided not to pursue further.

Considering Morrissey's connections with Attack Records and previously owning the Copyright to his music, I find it hard to believe that the album's "fate" is down to him naively signing a record deal a la Stone Roses/Silvertone.

Looking on the Capitol website, he is not listed as a label artist.

Yes, basically: why doesn't Capitol make a proud statement and promote the Homecoming concerts in LA and the surrounding area? That would theoretically sell a few more copies than investing nothing at all. The whole release planning is a joke.

That is a great cover. what is the music like?
Maybe someone should get a list together of big names who self-release. I am surprised he can't see the romance in it. The defiance. I think the younger M would have been all for it.
Going by the M Central posts M has lost his way in terms of what's important. I don't think younger M would give a shit about having a day named after him, he would consider the art more important. He may have been hung up on charts but I think getting the music out there would be his overriding concern.
Shame how lost people get
Ambient instrumentals - loads online at their Bandcamp page …

I assume the Bonfire delay also means the Moz album reissues won't be happening any time soon. Such a pity.

"Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records."

It Capitol Records have purchased the album but aren't really interested in promoting it then why don't they just put it on Spotify and all the other streaming services while he's on tour? Now's the time when people want to hear the studio versions of the new songs!

Last edited:
"Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records."

It Capiton Records have purchased the album but aren't really interested in promoting it then why don't they just put it on Spotify and all the other streaming services while he's on tour? Now's the time when people want to hear the studio versions of the new songs!

61TcIu-z18L.jpg

The BOT cover artwork, Morrissey's theme and some colours remind me of this great album. I will look like that good boy, when I will have to wait until December 2024, till the fu**'* record plants have pressed their 5.000 copies to satisfy an overwhelming world-wide demand. Gimme some BOT, April Fools day 2023, the latest.

At the El Cajon show last nite (my first Moz!), he seemed a bit choked up when he said he didn’t know what would happen with the new album.

Well, he started late but he actually said he was really glad to be there! … and that he’s known us fans forever. Seemed to be in a really good mood (for him). Asked us at the end (twice) if any of us had a bus to catch, lol.

They played “Stop Me..” early and THAT made my nite, and what a nite!

So: do you think Capitol has the rights to the album, meaning Morrissey can't do anything anymore? Even in case Capitol decided not to release it anymore? Could the album disappear forever? What do you think it means Morrissey saying "I don't know what will happen to the album"???

So: do you think Capitol has the rights to the album, meaning Morrissey can't do anything anymore? Even in case Capitol decided not to release it anymore? Could the album disappear forever? What do you think it means Morrissey saying "I don't know what will happen to the album"???
I think the album is probably just delayed but Morrissey turns everything into a drama.

Wonder if Universal are just not willing to risk their relationship with Ariana Grande.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers
Back
Top Bottom