Poll Do you think Bonfire of Teenagers will be released

Will Bonfire of Teenagers be released, and if so, when?

• Total voters
I voted remain unreleased based on Morrissey saying he has cut ties with everyone and he seems unwilling to do anything that is not exactly as he wants. I don't see any record company or management agencies wanting to deal with him. For the people who want to hear it, I hope he just self releases it.

Can you add another option?: "I'm exhausted by it all, & past caring; just message me if it ever happens"

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t see it coming out anytime soon. Voted unreleased.

I voted remain unreleased based on Morrissey saying he has cut ties with everyone and he seems unwilling to do anything that is not exactly as he wants. I don't see any record company or management agencies wanting to deal with him. For the people who want to hear it, I hope he just self releases it.
I fully understand what you are saying but it would seem they don't need to deal with him any more in order to release it.

On Moz central someone wrote: "This comes at a time when Morrissey has disassociated himself with Capitol Records (Los Angeles), who control the hidden album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’"

It seems that it is Morrisey that has walked away from them but they still control its fate. For it to be theirs they must have paid for the rights and I expect them to want some return on that investment.

It's a very odd situation.

It will be released, maybe not exactly on-time per the original plans. Hopefully there are several outstanding tracks, so even with little promotion it can still be lucrative for the Morrissey brand, and for us. Capitol should be releasing it.

I'm really looking forward to the next record with the new band. I think it'll have a fresher attitude with Alain back as one of the songwriters.

Friday 13th January Ville Valo new album is out.Ten years after the last album released by Him.
Friday 13th October BOT at least.

Why on earth doesn't Capitol comment on his (then) new "artist" and BOT @all?

I don't know, is it possible that they want to profit from him without attracting some of the negative publicity associated with Morrissey?
Capitol could have said weeks before the current negative events:
We are happy to have Morrissey under contract. We are working on the physical release of BOT, which we see in the first half of 2023 together with worldwide tourdates. But before that there are a few singles teasers. Slt!!!

Nothing like that, instead scorched earth again and after about 28 years there are still enough people here for whom Morrissey is not at all to blame for this bad external representation.

I don't know, is it possible that they want to profit from him without attracting some of the negative publicity associated with Morrissey?

Also, with Morrissey - even in 2023/'woke'/cancel culture/etc. - any publicity is good if you think about it.

Growing up in Pennsylvania, US - being a huge Morrissey fan in the 90s - basically NOBODY around me knew who he was. Honestly, until Morrissey-Solo arrived, I had to enjoy the music by myself and couldn't really share it with any other fans.

Take the big Morrissey fans out of the picture --- just from the articles/attention he receives today as a 60-something year old man who has always created unconventional/non-mainstream music - it's actually a good thing, and Morrissey absolutely knows it.

Last edited:
As far as I know Moz has dropped Capitol but Capitol didn’t drop Moz. So for all we know nothing’s changed in terms of release dates.

However I agree with the majority here that a March/April release is most likely as February seemed a little optimistic to start with.

It's honestly hard to tell if there's a real chance of BOT not coming out or if Morrissey's just throwing a hissy fit because it's been delayed.

Back
Top Bottom