Morrissey Central "Bonfire Unlit" (November 14, 2022)

full

'Bonfire of Teenagers' is no longer scheduled for a February release, as stated by this site. Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good grief. The lack of professionalism is a weird mix of endearing and exhausting.

Someone needs to pull the plug on Central right now, and let some grown-ups take charge.

(Although, if that's the actual front/back album cover, that's... progress?)

As always, the whole operation is in shambles. What other major artist does this? What other major artist’s career is handled in such an unprofessional manner by everyone involved including the artist himself? It would be kind of fun and endearing if he was in his 20s, but the man is 64 next year.

Also, “copyright 2021?”

As always, never shed tears before the onion is peeled. Or as we say in my country: Do not sell the skin before the bear has been shot.

As always, never shed tears before the onion is peeled. Or as we say in my country: Do not sell the skin before the bear has been shot.
In England, we simply say ‘Do not do a Morrissey’ to caution against lunacy of all descriptions.

For as much I was not a massive fan of Low in High School, i miss the fact that era had genuinely good album promotion, professional marketing/advertising and a pretty cohesive feel to the album artwork, stage backdrop etc

But these last two albums (with arguably better music) have been a total DIY job and a real embarrassment.

For as much I was not a massive fan of Low in High School, i miss the fact that era had genuinely good album promotion, professional marketing/advertising and a pretty cohesive feel to the album artwork, stage backdrop etc

But these last two albums (with arguably better music) have been a total DIY job and a real embarrassment.
It’s hard to believe this is the same artist that put out Quarry and Ringleader in the last 20 years.

Proper albums, proper artwork, proper promotion.

He needs a proper record label behind him. Otherwise we’re just going to see these half arsed, third rate efforts until he retires.

Although it saddens me to say this, I told you so. All this lp bluster seemed to be about getting in the news and selling tickets.
This year has been a year of so many false claims by Camp M. I don't blame him, he is just trying to get a good deal. The effect on the fans is disheartening.
I feel bad for him, that he felt he needed to stop the gig in LA as well. Maybe we have been too hard on him. There really is quite a bad bug going around- both my daughter has it (ironically that was the reason I didn't go to the gig on Sat, thank god I sold the tickets) and my workmate has it.
People can't help getting colds
I hope the lp does get to come out. Maybe Saint can get a digital release for xmas?
Art is not a crime, should be a title, like a person above said.
I pray, M get a new plan of attack, he was doing well, he kept his gob shut, he was doing good gigs both in Vegas and the UK /Ireland. He just needs to carry on doing that. Hopefully, he will come around to the self release route

Once again Sam proving he should be nowhere near any professional musician. It's possible the release date of this album simply got pushed back as these things happen with record labels. Or it could be due to the Greek Theatre debacle. Either way, Sam shouldn't have said anything until they had the new date. I beg M's management and label deals have a Etsy Rayner clause going forward.

Although it saddens me to say this, I told you so. All this lp bluster seemed to be about getting in the news and selling tickets.
This year has been a year of so many false claims by Camp M. I don't blame him, he is just trying to get a good deal. The effect on the fans is disheartening.
I feel bad for him, that he felt he needed to stop the gig in LA as well. Maybe we have been too hard on him. There really is quite a bad bug going around- both my daughter has it (ironically that was the reason I didn't go to the gig on Sat, thank god I sold the tickets) and my workmate has it.
People can't help getting colds
I hope the lp does get to come out. Maybe Saint can get a digital release for xmas?
Art is not a crime, should be a title, like a person above said.
I pray, M get a new plan of attack, he was doing well, he kept his gob shut, he was doing good gigs both in Vegas and the UK /Ireland. He just needs to carry on doing that. Hopefully, he will come around to the self release route
Should that be his main task? To keep his mouth shut in order not to say what occupies him. Even if it is so strange for many? Work longer on a new record, get musicians/songwriters from your successful phases back (if they want to), think about a valuable artwork, take a producer who assesses you and pray to God that someday some of your strange behaviour will no longer be held against you.

Last edited:
Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom