Morrissey Central "Bonfire Unlit" (November 14, 2022)

full

'Bonfire of Teenagers' is no longer scheduled for a February release, as stated by this site. Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not at all surprised this album won’t get released. From what I’ve heard it was absolutely dire.
From the Art work, to the title track I never took any positives from any of this.
Just Sack it off Moz and start all over again with Alain .

How can a major artist in 2022 be so out of step ??! Honesty eejits get material released... Useless artists get material released... Extremely controversial artists get material released... Useless pointless artless artists get material released...... Morrissey wtf???????? I am so sicknened now

Maybe Sam was just too quick to let us know of a probable release date, which of course he should be much more accurate with this type of news.

That being said - this doesn't mean there is a general issue releasing the record, or that there was any kind of connection between the recent concert ending early and the 'delay' on the album release.

No big deal, many records get delayed because the pressing plants cant keep up with the demand.

To be fair he has not released a decent record since Refusal so i am far more excited about the deluxe reissues sometime in the future.

Really bad timing for this post, Moz is already being slated in the press for the farce that his cancellation records and with 48hrs there's another post essentially saying that everything about Morrissey is farce. The NME/Pitchfork headline "Morrissey unannounces album"

Morrissey should cancel the remainder of his tour, get himself in super good shape through exercise, shut down his silly Website, stop making ridicules statements, and write another book. His last one was forgettable, but many great writers write a terrible first book his next one may be better. He could release his music to his dedicated fans as a token of appreciation for all the years of loving his music if he wanted to as opposed to becoming a grumpy old man barking about the modern world. He is becoming a caricature which is very sad to see.

This is genuinely insane and embarrassing.

There’s so little benefit of the doubt that can be given here. Even if the album was delayed, why does central (Sam) feel the need to publish every little detail, when it should come from the sodding record label.

Morrissey must of told his management that Sam must be allowed to continue his role as part of their contract. Because I cannot believe Quest support this shambolic nonsense.

Lol!

Gutted. Wonder if he signed over the rights to the album already and they are just going to sit on it - meaning we NEVER get it outside of Moz leaking the thing. Crazy.

Gutted. Wonder if he signed over the rights to the album already and they are just going to sit on it - meaning we NEVER get it outside of Moz leaking the thing. Crazy.

sure it will be leaked eventually. Guessing some folks have already heard it, not any solo members though.

Vinyl presses are really backed up, so it's possible they can't get a production window until a month or three later? Would be nice to have a digital single, though.

Oh dear. Has this supposed record deal been even officially announced by Capitol -- or have all news stories been based on the Morrissey Central announcement?

Vinyl presses are really backed up, so it's possible they can't get a production window until a month or three later? Would be nice to have a digital single, though.
There have been many recent releases with the vinyl coming out months after the digital release, so in the current climate that's not a valid reason to delay the album. It's a specialty format anyway preordered by the fans.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers
Back
Top Bottom