Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I thought - but I think his focus might have been elsewhere, going by this:

View attachment 65610
View attachment 65611

He's not wrong about blathering & gabbling.
Honey, your uncredited screenshots/pictures are driving me mad. 🤯
I do recognise that this was taken from the Maladjusted Diaries, but still.

Keep in mind that this was written in 2009. Of course he's still angry at Weeks and probably did curse him, but the song is mostly about Joyce IMO.

í think it was Saint Tony of Wilson who uttered that bon mot.

But í couldn't swear on Judge Weeks' wig about that...

Nah, Dave Simpson wrote it was "a recently cast aside insider" in his Uncut piece.

Honey, your uncredited screenshots/pictures are driving me mad. 🤯
I do recognise that this was taken from the Maladjusted Diaries, but still.

Keep in mind that this was written in 2009. Of course he's still angry at Weeks and probably did curse him, but the song is mostly about Joyce IMO.

Sorry, I should do a bibliography.

View attachment 65579

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

View attachment 65581

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

View attachment 65583

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

View attachment 65584

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Uncredited art above by rdrg.art and bezerkartwerk via Instagram.

View attachment 65587

Regards,
FWD.
Go! Go! Go! We don't need you. Goodbye! - BMG

Sorry, I should do a bibliography.
Probably.

I received my copy of that new "Save Us Morrissey" book today and it starts off with a quote falsely attributed to Morrissey and I just can't.
It doesn't even sound like anything Morrissey would ever say. "indie-pop gems" 😂

FalseQuote.jpg

But I digress...

That explains why there has been no further announcement about the reissues I suppose.

A real shame considering his recent albums have sold reasonably well... All the bad publicity hasn't massively harmed record sales. Are BMG really being hurt by the association?

I doubt he will struggle to find another label, but he might struggle a little to find a big label.
I see they supposedly used the reason "diversity". So Moz as a middle aged white man with politically incorrect opinions would of course be first to be chopped by the new Exec.

Diversity in music serms to mean the same tuneless shit sang by manufactured multicoloured manequins.

I assume this means the vinyl reissues won't happen. f***in twat exec. Probably a middle aged white guy.

I see they supposedly used the reason "diversity". So Moz as a middle aged white man with politically incorrect opinions would of course be first to be chopped by the new Exec.

Diversity in music serms to mean the same tuneless shit sang by manufactured multicoloured manequins.

I assume this means the vinyl reissues won't happen. f***in twat exec. Probably a middle aged white guy.
You're assuming that what he's saying is factual, which is a novice mistake. There is absolutely no way that Morrissey was dropped from the label for reasons of "diversity." That is some self-pitying, racist bullshit.

BMG have misjudged the bigot right-wing market.

I'm slightly less slap-dash when it's going to print.... mostly. 😳
I'd hope so. Seems like the author didn't see the quotation mark at the end of the actual quote in this article.

Quote.jpg

Last edited:

“Diversity” is simply a polite term for “music that sells, nowadays”. They used that term to offer your God-Man-Child a way to gracefully move forward. ...but as usual, he and the sycophants around here have missed the life boat and chosen to go down with the sinking ship. How long can you all tread water? Lol!

You're assuming that what he's saying is factual, which is a novice mistake. There is absolutely no way that Morrissey was dropped from the label for reasons of "diversity." That is some self-pitying, racist bullshit.
Why is their "no way"? Are you telling me that 'diversity' has not been blatantly abused by employers/companies for positive discrimination? FFS I know people who've admitted they've progressed unfairly as a result of this woke bullshit. Likewise other people get kicked quietly off the ladder.

Literally none of this is true. You may want to try a little harder.
Of course it’s not true.
Maybe you should ‘do another T-shirt’ though

PS
You was in Bradford and you was holding court (as usual)
The last night of the fair. Indeed.

Morrissey was not dropped. He was not offered a new contract because his brand of toxicity doesn't sell.

Why is their "no way"? Are you telling me that 'diversity' has not been blatantly abused by employers/companies for positive discrimination? FFS I know people who've admitted they've progressed unfairly as a result of this woke bullshit. Likewise other people get kicked quietly off the ladder.
This isn't about affirmative action or diversity clauses or any of that other shit. I Am Not a Dog on a Chain conlcuded Morrissey's relationship with BMG (something that was reported a year ago) and given its dismal sales, they chose not to renew the contract. It has absolutely nothing to do with your anti-white paranoia or whatever.

It's not a direct quote. It's by whoever made the post. I expect the full story will make no sense.

Back
Top Bottom