Morrissey Central THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY' (November 25, 2020)

THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY’
November 25, 2020

" When the new BMG Executive says he now wants a label of 'diversity', what he
actually means is he wants all of his artists to be exactly the same. Make no mistake, the
word 'diversity' is already trailing in the dust as an overused catchword that in fact means tighter restrictions and a fierce
exclusion of individuality. I have been dumped by BMG because I am TOO diverse for them. They cannot cope with an
artist such as Morrissey … who is, in fact, the very essence of diversity … whose lyrical concerns are multiple, different,
and who has been writing about all of our human differences since 1982. So, please don't be fooled into thinking the
word 'diversity' means varied and open; it has been warped to mean exactly the opposite. With these absolutely
incomprehensibly senseless new guidelines, I'll be surprised if BMG still exists in 18 months time. Or, if they do,
they'll be a label that no true artist would want to sign to. Perhaps this is what BMG prefers - a roster of artists
who are so diverse that you'll never be able to distinguish one from the other?"
Morrissey, November 2020.

"There are artists who feel abandoned by the record business yet are still producing new music which connects with an audience." Hartwig Masuch, BMG.

Morrissey World scrapped due to its 'narrow' appeal :

Related items:

Related articles (first link contains the quote cited by Central):

In before people, certainly Uncles, drop in to complain about something they could very easily remove from their lives if they just stopped following Morrissey and Morrissey-related news.

THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY’
November 25, 2020

" When the new BMG Executive says he now wants a label of 'diversity', what he
actually means is he wants all of his artists to be exactly the same. Make no mistake, the
word 'diversity' is already trailing in the dust as an overused catchword that in fact means tighter restrictions and a fierce
exclusion of individuality. I have been dumped by BMG because I am TOO diverse for them. They cannot cope with an
artist such as Morrissey … who is, in fact, the very essence of diversity … whose lyrical concerns are multiple, different,
and who has been writing about all of our human differences since 1982. So, please don't be fooled into thinking the
word 'diversity' means varied and open; it has been warped to mean exactly the opposite. With these absolutely
incomprehensibly senseless new guidelines, I'll be surprised if BMG still exists in 18 months time. Or, if they do,
they'll be a label that no true artist would want to sign to. Perhaps this is what BMG prefers - a roster of artists
who are so diverse that you'll never be able to distinguish one from the other?"
Morrissey, November 2020.

"There are artists who feel abandoned by the record business yet are still producing new music which connects with an audience." Hartwig Masuch, BMG.

Morrissey World scrapped due to its 'narrow' appeal :

I like the tshirts saying "Be kind to Morrissey or I'll kill you" hehehe

Manages to call himself the essence of diversity AFTER a couple of headlines saying he's against diversity.

It sounds as if they were telling him he needs to broaden his appeal rather than than anything else.

Maybe even sort out Central's habit of posting random pictures & videos.

The artwork for the scrapped re-issues is frightening. Maladjusted Moz on the Refusal cover 😳

Is that supposed to be a Live at Wembley 2020 LP (with a picture from the Leeds show on the cover 🙄)?

JPEG-Tourettes-a-go-go :ahhh:

Whiney little bitch, ain't he?

Why doesn't he spend his own money to get records out, in exactly the kind of non-diverse way he likes? He could do things just exactly the way he wants to do. So why doesn't he?

Oh, that's right, he won't spend his own money.

I told you all last year that when it hits him in the wallet he's going to start whining.

I was, and still am, right. Nothing matters for Morrissey except money. Nothing.

You've all been played.

P.S Who would have thought that being a right-wing asshole doesnt sell? La Dodwell says his fans will still buy the product. Then go ahead, spend money, and see what happens. He won't do that. It's his own money.

But hey, they included a screenshot of the Polish chart!

looks like the campaign to court other record labels has begun...no doubt, the next contract will cost both sides something dearly...I wonder if he will truly be able to keep the current band line-up in tact......

Last edited:
The artwork for the scrapped re-issues is frightening. Maladjusted Moz on the Refusal cover 😳

Is that supposed to be a Live at Wembley 2020 LP (with a picture from the Leeds show on the cover 🙄)?

Fiona's video is practically claiming he's heterosexual.

What's he going to do if he never talks to the press & every social media post goes through whoever runs Central?

It's hopelessly messy.

It does? 😂 I didn't watch it. Poor Moz, he doesn't deserve that.

EDIT: OK, I watched it. I know what you mean, but I wouldn't interpret as that. She just likes to stress the fact that he's old instead of his LGBT+ identity because she wants to play it safe.

Last edited:
Jesus, who thinks this rant is going to make a label more likely to sign him?

I knew that bmg wasnt the right label for him, the minute I saw that they had sent him to Paris to promote and sing Spent the day in a strange kitchen studio for a handful of white and petty bourgeois moderators in their 40s and 50s drinking wine. There was sth strangely and openly humiliating about this middle-class mainstream setting, but I think it just reflects what bmg has to offer when it comes to international connections. They never understood Morrissey and tried to squeeze him into their limited promotional catalogue.

He's either being intentionally deceptive or he's actually just an idiot. Not sure which one is worse. Morrissey was not dumped by BMG and there is absolutely no way it had anything to do with "diversity."

It does.

I wasn't going to watch - but I thought, it's Central, it'll contain something awful.

It's entirely awful.
See my edit.

But I agree that it's awful.

What's he going to do if he never talks to the press & every social media post goes through whoever runs Central?

It's hopelessly messy.
The comments weren't turned off on it when I posted her tweet linking to it this afternoon :)
FWD.

At this point, I'm also willing to wager that Sam Esty Rayner and Fiona Dodwell have done more to damage Morrissey's once-flawless aesthetic than Morrissey himself.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom