Blur or Oasis?

Blur or Oasis?

• Total voters
everyone always talks about how Americans are not supposed to understand Morrissey or The Smiths the way the British do, but i find a lot of things about Blur's music to be much more bewildering to me. like the song 'Parklife'.

everyone always talks about how Americans are not supposed to understand Morrissey or The Smiths the way the British do, but i find a lot of things about Blur's music to be much more bewildering to me. like the song 'Parklife'.

this is only my ideas on the song, but i always took it as a take on both british suburbs such as where they are from (colchester ) and maybe a little about the americanization of the u.k.

the main voice is phil daniels, who was the star of the mod/ scoooter culture film quadrophenia.

Overall, I love Blur and hate Oasis. Broken down, I don't love Leisure or Think Thank, and I think Definitely Maybe's quite good.

A choice between Oasis or Blur, well its got to be Blur for me. Whenever i think of Oasis...it just seems like they are Beatles wannabes or something. Blur are more original, they offer something different. Oasis really are up their own arses. I would of course like to say how much i like Suede also, 'Animal Nitrate' and 'Stay Together' personal faves. :cool:

Oasis, hands f***in down! Blur are just too British for me. Dont get me wrong I love Blur, I have all thier records..but, for the most part thier music IMO, is too serious at points and with Oasis, its just a f***in party. Which I would rather appreciate music for how it makes me feel, as aposed to always having to decipher lyrics and secret meanings. Oasis are straight forward to the point, no f***in about! however every know and then I get into a Blur mood...
LONG LIVE OASIS

Blur! 18 40.91%
Oasis! 18 40.91%

:eek:

Critics say Blur is musically better than Oasis and I agree with them.

However, my vote goes to Oasis.

Damon Albern is very talented, but I don't like him very much.

Critics say Blur is musically better than Oasis and I agree with them.

However, my vote goes to Oasis.

Damon Albern is very talented, but I don't like him very much.

But let's not get personal!:D

I have a real soft spot for Blur's Leisure. She's So High was one of the songs I was listening to a lot when I met my wife.

Peter

I have a real soft spot for Blur's Leisure. She's So High was one of the songs I was listening to a lot when I met my wife.

Peter

OMG, same here, I love She's So High, Theres No other way, Bad Day, High Cool, its actually one of my fave Blur lps. Parklife rocks

My vote is for undecided..I mean the first two Oasis albums and Singles from that era were fantastic but they really didn't do anything I'd consider great after that; except maybe D'Ya Know What I mean.

Even if I didn't care for each album on a whole, there was always something on a Blur record that I found to be top notch.

Tags
blur oasis.
Back
Top Bottom