Black Kids mention Moz

http://www.eventguide.ie/articles.elive?session_id=12245201642255292&sku=081020172809

And another key lyricist – Morrissey.
When I discovered Morrissey it was a real revelation for me, and I have always hoped that my songs were at their base humorous, in a kind of homage to him. You know I initially knew Morrissey and his work before I looked back to The Smiths, which seems weird now, but when I was going to high school, the big single was ‘The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get’ and me and my sister initially used to mock and mimick him, making fun of his voice, then we did it more and more and realised that we loved him all that time, and we simply wanted to be him, but doesn’t everyone?

http://www.eventguide.ie/articles.elive?session_id=12245201642255292&sku=081020172809

And another key lyricist – Morrissey.
When I discovered Morrissey it was a real revelation for me, and I have always hoped that my songs were at their base humorous, in a kind of homage to him. You know I initially knew Morrissey and his work before I looked back to The Smiths, which seems weird now, but when I was going to high school, the big single was ‘The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get’ and me and my sister initially used to mock and mimick him, making fun of his voice, then we did it more and more and realised that we loved him all that time, and we simply wanted to be him, but doesn’t everyone?

My best friend and I always sing, "I'm still fond of you...UH HO!" that's become our little in joke. Or trying to talk out his lyrics which is downright funny. All of my boyfriends HATED Morrissey and it's a love or hate thing. No grey areas. You either love him or hate him. I was 23 or so when I discovered "The Smiths" and "Meat Is Murder"- I will always be grateful to my old friend John who grabbed my hand and put the cassettes in my hand. A revelation indeed. And it's over twenty or more years, and I still can't (or don't want to) get him out of my head. I still listen to him daily. It's like a welcome infection you can't seem to get rid of :D

Back
Top Bottom