B-Sides

ajrooney

You know a band is great when their B-sides are better than most bands A-sides, and this is the case with The Smiths 'I mean, c'mon, Half a Person is one of the greatest songs ever written.' Is there any other group who has a B-sides catalog that rivals The Smiths? I love most of the Oasis B-sides, but even those can't really compete.

You know a band is great when their B-sides are better than most bands A-sides, and this is the case with The Smiths 'I mean, c'mon, Half a Person is one of the greatest songs ever written.' Is there any other group who has a B-sides catalog that rivals The Smiths? I love most of the Oasis B-sides, but even those can't really compete.

Draize Train, BEST Smiths song ever and yes it is a B-side.

Kyoko

arguably some smiths b-sides are better than a-sides and album tracks.
B-Sides =
Asleep
London
Half A Person
Rubber Ring

to name but a few

arguably some smiths b-sides are better than a-sides and album tracks.
B-Sides =
Asleep
London
Half A Person
Rubber Ring

to name but a few

My 3 favorite Smiths songs all happen to be B-Sides

1.) Draize Train
2.) Money Changes Everything
3.) Oscillate Wildly

Kyoko

Suede

I am more fond of the early Suede b-sides than the Smiths. Even Morrissey himself covered Suede's "Insatible One".

Radiohead? Talk Show Host?
My 3 favorite Smiths songs all happen to be B-Sides

1.) Draize Train
2.) Money Changes Everything
3.) Oscillate Wildly

Kyoko
They are all instrumentals. Does this mean something?

It should surprise nobody that I can quote many, many Beatles non-album b-sides that are among their best songs. To wit:

* "I'll Get You" ("She Loves You")
* "This Boy" ("I Want to Hold Your Hand")
* "She's a Woman" ("I Feel Fine")
* "Yes it Is" ("Ticket to Ride")
* "I'm Down" ("Help!")
* "The Inner Light" ("Lady Madonna")
* "Revolution" ("Hey Jude")
* "Don't Let Me Down" ("Get Back")

I'm not even counting the singles where both sides were considered so strong that they were released as double A-sides: "Day Tripper"/"We Can Work it Out", "Paperback Writer"/"Rain", "Yellow Submarine"/"Eleanor Rigby", "Strawberry Fields Forever"/"Penny Lane."

Even if you're not a Beatles fan, odds are you've heard most of these b-sides (except "The Inner Light"), but trust me on this :)

Tori Amos and Kate Bush have also had some magnificent b-sides.

It should surprise nobody that I can quote many, many Beatles non-album b-sides that are among their best songs. To wit:

* "I'll Get You" ("She Loves You")
* "This Boy" ("I Want to Hold Your Hand")
* "She's a Woman" ("I Feel Fine")
* "Yes it Is" ("Ticket to Ride")
* "I'm Down" ("Help!")
* "The Inner Light" ("Lady Madonna")
* "Revolution" ("Hey Jude")
* "Don't Let Me Down" ("Get Back")

I'm not even counting the singles where both sides were considered so strong that they were released as double A-sides: "Day Tripper"/"We Can Work it Out", "Paperback Writer"/"Rain", "Yellow Submarine"/"Eleanor Rigby", "Strawberry Fields Forever"/"Penny Lane."

Even if you're not a Beatles fan, odds are you've heard most of these b-sides (except "The Inner Light"), but trust me on this :)

Tori Amos and Kate Bush have also had some magnificent b-sides.

I love the Beatles an ex bf introduced me to them....thank you Ian :D x

Why would you say that? I am very sincere. Just because you may not appreciate them, doesn't invalidate my feelings.

Kyoko
i belive you are a sincere.....er.....chap...chapess....dunnae know:o

Oh so unfair... I'm a troll and she has taste? WTF?

Kyoko

but i dunna think you are a troll....for gods sake...you are here on Moz solo. of course you hgave taste...jeez....wind your neck back in :D

but i dunna think you are a troll....for gods sake...you are here on Moz solo. of course you hgave taste...jeez....wind your neck back in :D

On the other hand, you're on Moz solo and you're saying that your three favorite Smiths songs are ones that don't involve Moz. What's up with that? Or, as you said (one of my favorite expressions): WTF?

Back
Top Bottom