The irritating nature of b-sides

ordinaryboy

am i really so strange?
Studio albums give songs identity. They're collections of songs that you feel you can group together, you can compare with each other. But b-sides don't fit anywhere. And when you get a good b-side, it feels like it should fit somewhere. Also, the way that once singles stop being sold by high street CD shops, b-sides go out of wide circulation - something that doesn't happen with studio albums. So when you discover a b-side years after it was initially released, it's hard to get hold of. It may just seem like I'm stating the obvious, but I need to say something about how irritating I find b-sides. Although I suppose the good thing about Moz and the Smiths is that they do/did release most of their b-sides on compilation albums. Thankfully.

i know what you mean. some b-sides are that good you think why didn't they release this? i don't find them irritating though.

That's the beauty of iTunes. All songs, album and singles, are put into one master playlist. I don't even listen to albums as albums anymore; it's more like picking a certain starting point and listening to everything in order. So all the songs from 1995 are together, for example--it's not just Southpaw, 2 non-album singles, and, what, 10 b-sides? Everything has equal weight.

The impetuosity of youth!!! Really....

i have all the 7" 12" & cdsingles
and also buying every new that comes out in future

so i cant miss a single b-side never:):D

see the way I see it is that it mixes things up after the album and provides a steady stream of good tracks in between albums.

eh I dont mind some live b-sides like To Me You are A Work of Art was good live on ITFWAW was enjoyable...that being said I usually buy the singles without giving much care

Thank you iTunes and eBay... otherwise I would never be able to get ahold of certain things.

B-Sides are little undiscovered rare gems,i like to think

You have to dig deep to find them :)

i have all the 7" 12" & cdsingles
and also buying every new that comes out in future

so i cant miss a single b-side never:):D

Get some help.......

Some bands have amazing b-sides. Take Oasis as an example. Some of their best songs are b-sides that can only be purchased with the singles.

Some bands have amazing b-sides. Take Oasis as an example. Some of their best songs are b-sides that can only be purchased with the singles.

The Masterplan is better than most of their albums... Most people would argue thats not saying much though..

Back
Top Bottom