Info on new single (release date, b-sides etc)

Maurice E

This just up on NME.com (with deliberately unflattering photo?!)http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/33112
The 15-track collection, out February 4, will be proceeded by the release of brand new single 'That's How People Grow Up' on January 28.

The song was produced by Jerry Finn who produced 2004's comeback LP 'You Are The Quarry', and will be backed by live versions of 'The Last Of The Famous International Playboys', 'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side' and 'Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself'.

The former Smiths singer is currently working on a new studio album with Finn, which he is planning to release in the autumn of next year.

The song was produced by Jerry Finn who produced 2004's comeback LP 'You Are The Quarry', and will be backed by live versions of 'The Last Of The Famous International Playboys', 'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side' and 'Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself'.

Talk about the b-sides contrasting with the a-side ... three of my favourite songs! I'm getting it just for them.

grrrrrrreat more live track b-sides. :mad:
WE ALREADY HAVE THEM! Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself - was already released in the same way.

I hate it when he releases covers or live tracks as b-sides. Besides, what happened to the other 3 new songs (that we know of)?

Last edited:
I wonder which UK radio programme will broadcast it first.

Remember to listen Janice Long.

grrrrrrreat more live track b-sides. :mad:
WE ALREADY HAVE THEM! Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself - was already released in the same way.

I hate it when he releases covers or live tracks as b-sides. Besides, what happened to the other 3 new songs (that we know of)?

Correct, on the Boy Racer CD. Nice to have, but one or more of the other three would have been nice.

Peter

nice, releasing on my bday in the UK.

Talk about the b-sides contrasting with the a-side ... three of my favourite songs! I'm getting it just for them.

It makes sense. I'm assuming the new GH's collection will pull largely from YATQ and ROTT, plus the three live tracks, and two new songs.

Not saying I like it, but it makes it more appealing than album versions of any of those live songs for the simple reason I already own those. Personally, I think I'm only buying the single. I just don't see the point of buying yet another GH album.

It makes sense. I'm assuming the new GH's collection will pull largely from YATQ and ROTT, plus the three live tracks, and two new songs.

Not saying I like it, but it makes it more appealing than album versions of any of those live songs for the simple reason I already own those. Personally, I think I'm only buying the single. I just don't see the point of buying yet another GH album.

The three live songs won't be on the album. That's why they're on the single; to entice you to buy it.

I doubt the album will draw heavily on the last two. It will surely be a career-spanning compilation. Interesting to see that there are only 15 songs. The leaked tracklisting from a few weeks back had about 30 songs.
It obviously can't be all the singles at that length. Let's hope he leaves off rubbish like Dagenham, Roy, Preggers, The Youngerst, Fatty etc.
Would've been great to include Trouble, Pigsty, NF Disco etc as rumoured in the leaked tracklisting but presumably not enough space if restricted to 15...

I guess he can forget another top-20 hit then...

He's pretty much guaranteed a top 20. The last two 'brand new' single releases (Irish and Killed Me) both reached number 3.

If this single is really good (I've not heard it enough yet to know), and Virgin/Xfm/Radio 2 get behind it, he could have another top 5.
If it isn't and they don't, it'll probably be 10-20...

The three live songs won't be on the album. That's why they're on the single; to entice you to buy it.

I doubt the album will draw heavily on the last two. It will surely be a career-spanning compilation. Interesting to see that there are only 15 songs. The leaked tracklisting from a few weeks back had about 30 songs.
It obviously can't be all the singles at that length. Let's hope he leaves off rubbish like Dagenham, Roy, Preggers, The Youngerst, Fatty etc.
Would've been great to include Trouble, Pigsty, NF Disco etc as rumoured in the leaked tracklisting but presumably not enough space if restricted to 15...

In that case, it's an iTunes download. Sorry Moz!

i don´t have anything about covers and live songs as b-sides, as long as they´re good. his cover of A Song From -under The Floorboards is fantastic and the Speedway recording from the Boy Happy single was reason enough to buy the 12" single for me. that version is perfect. i guess i´ll see how much i like the final studio recording of the single and then decide.. ah, i guess in the end i´ll just end up buying it anyway, my self restraint concerning morrissey is rubbish.

I had really hoped for some unreleased stuff, like Home Is A Question Mark and studio versions of Playing Easy To Get and Noise Is The Best Revenge ... :mad:

New Single + B Sides

Apologies if this is a duplicate post!

From the reliable NME!!!

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/33112

Morrissey to release greatest hits

And there will be a brand new single first
3 hours ago
Morrissey is set to release a greatest hits album in early 2008.

The 15-track collection, out February 4, will be proceeded by the release of brand new single 'That's How People Grow Up' on January 28.

The former Smiths singer is currently working on a new studio album with Finn, which he is planning to release in the autumn of next year.

Meanwhile Morrissey will begin his sold-out six-night residency at London's Roundhouse on January 21.

He will then play:

Doncaster Dome (January 30)
Sunderland Empire (February 1)
Edinburgh Playhouse (2)

THPGU *is* the new single

According to the eNeMY

Morrissey is set to release a greatest hits album in early 2008.

Back
Top Bottom