Alain Whyte

D

Dennis Moss

Great to see Alain Whyte back on stage when I was at the Glasgow concert.
But does anyone know why he left the first time and how it came about that’s he’s back??
I’m really pleased he is.
And where has Boz gone??

But does anyone know why he left the first time and how it came about that’s he’s back??
And where has Boz gone??
Yes, i think that's it for BOZ. he is just getting on with his own thing and making songs with guest singers, it seems.
I can't say I'll miss him, to be fair.

I really will miss Boz, as he is the man. I was worried the show wouldn't be as good without him, or somehow "thinner" in terms of sound (never having been Alain's biggest fan, just guitar-sound-wise back in the 90s/early 00s) but, man, was I impressed last Sunday in Glasgow. What a show, and what a band. Really impressed.

I'm sure Boz would be glad it's going well, too. A really great guy, in my opinion.

And where has Boz gone??

I think Morrissey talks about it in Autobiography, have you read it?

Alain was ill?

After so many years with the band, it would be nice if Moz (or anyone!) had recognised Boz' departure and it's strange that they haven't. He just disappeared after 30 years and nobody even acknowledged it.

And where has Boz gone??
I couldn't find a thread on it but I remember reading that Alain was dealing with crippling back pain to the point where he couldn't tour. This is why he stopped playing live with Morrissey but he was still contributing tracks. Why that ended I don't know. But having him back is huge and this lineup is the best I've heard in years.

EDIT: Thanks to FWD - there is this thread... looks like it's where Alain's back problems started. True to the statement, I was at the next show, Coachella and I remember a lot of concern about whether Alain would be there... but he looked and sounded great.

Last edited:
Tags
alain whyte
Back
Top Bottom