20 years ago today

"Strangeways Here We Come" was released .
Doesn't really seem like it has been that long ago.

what frightens me more is the 40 year ago today thread!

I'll still be listening to it I'll just have the volume turned up higher! :)

love

Grim

what frightens me more is the 40 year ago today thread!

I'll still be listening to it I'll just have the volume turned up higher! :)

love

Grim
I hear ya , but ,
cant hear ya , jammin' :D

"Strangeways Here We Come" was released .
Doesn't really seem like it has been that long ago.

Indeed. I still remember the thrill of hearing A Rush And A Push...for the first time. By the way, that and Asleep are the only Smiths songs I can think of that don't feature guitars - are there any more?

Peter

20 years... I only hope I don't look as old as I feel hearing that.

I never heard of the Smiths until a few months later- my 20th anniverary comes in January. But just over 20 years ago I was in London in vacation with my parents, in mid-July, and I'm obsessing thinking how I was right there, right then, walking the same streets, the weeks when they must have all been so tense, the weeks when Johnny was just leaving to go on that infamous vacation. And I was oblivious.

What I think it points up for me is that these are real people. Morrissey is really a real guy, who goes potty and gets runny noses and his back hurts 'cause he's getting old like most of us. And he gets his heart broken and shares it all with us. And he keeps a little bit of hope in one corner of his heart, even though he knows it will probably never amount to anything... which leads me to my own hope, that his loneliness is just part of the act, and he really is happy, one way or the other.

The Smiths are dead... but Viva Moz. I'm raising my glass to him right now- but that's already painfully clear, isn't it?

Thanks for the reminder how old I am. No, really--I love being reminded of that!

I remember it with mixed emotions, since the Smiths ended with the release of "Strangeways." I remember being so excited to hear it, and so distraught that they were breaking up.

--jeniphir

I remember driving to some college party listening to Strangeways for the first time, right when it came out. The party was a long way away, so we listened to the whole thing, then listened to it at the event over and over, then again the next day on the way home.

20 years ago? Dang.

I remember driving to some college party listening to Strangeways for the first time, right when it came out. The party was a long way away, so we listened to the whole thing, then listened to it at the event over and over, then again the next day on the way home.

20 years ago? Dang.

i recall the promo for this LP showing up @ the store a few weeks ahead of the release date and as shop owner i tried to be diplomatic ,as i always was, and allow one of the employees to have it, but no one immediately took it , so after the 2nd day , i took it home and it never left my turntable for the next several months.

PS : that very same promo LP is playing in the background as i type tonight

Drink and be ill tonight ...

i recall the promo for this LP showing up @ the store a few weeks ahead of the release date and as shop owner i tried to be diplomatic ,as i always was, and allow one of the employees to have it, but no one immediately took it , so after the 2nd day , i took it home and it never left my turntable for the next several months.

PS : that very same promo LP is playing in the background as i type tonight

Drink and be ill tonight ...

(sadly this was your life)

Don't you think that the 15 minutes a day the orderlies at the institution allow you to use a computer could be better spent on something more productive than stalking me and/or my posts ?

PS : Don't PM me anymore , i have enough fanboys

20 years ago I was..........not in this planet.

Back
Top Bottom