TTY: The World Is Full of Crashing Bores - "The Truth About Popular Music" by Paul Joseph Watson

Last edited:
Ok, maybe you didn't write that well as you said but I think this is such an important point and something that has bothered me over the last 10 to 15 years especially. There is almost no distinction between music that's meant for kids and adults. Of course, all music can be meant for everyone and people should like what they like. But as you say, there was music that was obviously meant for kids maybe 12 and under and most adults didn't consider this great or classic music. You mentioned Backstreet Boys. That seems right about when it started changing. I remember seeing stuff on tv with fans in their 20's at their concerts and saying how much they loved them and I thought that was so strange. That definitely didn't happen (from what I can remember anyways) several years earlier with groups like New Kids on the Block. If you were 25 and said you liked New Kids, people would think you were insane. Again, who are we to tell people what they can or cannot like. But I have definitely noticed that "music for kids" or "music for tweens" or however you want to phrase it is basically accepted now as what music is to 95% of people of all ages. For many years, I have gotten less and less interested in anything that is popular, not for the sake of being an elitist, but there is just little that interests me. At age 44, I've actually gotten into more and more obscure, DIY, local kind of bands than ever before. Anyways, you made an interesting point that I don't recall ever seeing addressed in any articles on music.

I completely agree.

Well barmaid you just rattled off some of the most interesting and entertaining posters on this site. You pretending to be Irish is in the same vein as your complete and utterly ridiculous attempts to defend every one of Morrissey's missteps. You complain constantly and endlessly about others contributions to this forum, but never even offer the smallest kernel of an original thought that emanated from your own small brain. Stand and deliver your own ideas or get off the stage. Finger pointers are the lowest of the low. Table 5 needs more beer. Get to it plastic!

And popular music is the same as it ever was. Vapid, meaningless lyrics accompanied by the popular sound of the day. Created with a short shelf life. And those songs with deeper more thoughtful and thought provoking lyrics and music. You are probably too young to remember when Gary Numan was top of the charts with a little ditty called Cars. A great meaningless piece of pop perfection. Not every piece of music is meant to be Beethoven or Cohen. You thick Scottish plunker.

"Barmaid", "pretending to be irish", "table 5 needs more beer", "get to it plastic" as I said, the same old nonsense from the same boring morons, thanks for proving my point so well

perfectly clear :lbf:

The person that made the video is a bit of a f***nut wanker, though. If you go to his youtube channel he is also attacking "modern art" and he doesn't get 18 seconds into that rant before he calls Yoko Ono a "demented bitch." I do think he makes some good points about pop music but they aren't very original and the rest of his oeuvre is probably equally derivative and nasty.

BAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! GREAT POST! I was going to take a break from SOLOW and then I read this and almost choked! "Sue me if I'm wrong Peter", I love that Irish wit, man, brilliant, just brilliant! These idiots are endorsed by David too, never forget that. I got an infraction for posting, "You are sleeping, you do not want to believe" in "Irish". Fancy that? American Blood, Irish Heart. Solow is Full of Crashing Bores, but you're not one of them. I love your posts, Irish Blood, Irish Heart! Keep at it.

tumblr_m35x0aKirK1rryfp9o1_500.gif

Thanks, got to keep debunking the debunkers, keep up the good work

there's always been shitty music. today's shit sounds the same and follows a formula, yesteryear's shit was more divergent. in the end, shit is shit.

Ok, maybe you didn't write that well as you said but I think this is such an important point and something that has bothered me over the last 10 to 15 years especially. There is almost no distinction between music that's meant for kids and adults. Of course, all music can be meant for everyone and people should like what they like. But as you say, there was music that was obviously meant for kids maybe 12 and under and most adults didn't consider this great or classic music. You mentioned Backstreet Boys. That seems right about when it started changing. I remember seeing stuff on tv with fans in their 20's at their concerts and saying how much they loved them and I thought that was so strange. That definitely didn't happen (from what I can remember anyways) several years earlier with groups like New Kids on the Block. If you were 25 and said you liked New Kids, people would think you were insane. Again, who are we to tell people what they can or cannot like. But I have definitely noticed that "music for kids" or "music for tweens" or however you want to phrase it is basically accepted now as what music is to 95% of people of all ages. For many years, I have gotten less and less interested in anything that is popular, not for the sake of being an elitist, but there is just little that interests me. At age 44, I've actually gotten into more and more obscure, DIY, local kind of bands than ever before. Anyways, you made an interesting point that I don't recall ever seeing addressed in any articles on music.

I think you're taking pop music a bit too seriously. Both now and in the past, the target market is irrelevant: it's all just product; escapism.

"Barmaid", "pretending to be irish", "table 5 needs more beer", "get to it plastic" as I said, the same old nonsense from the same boring morons, thanks for proving my point so well

Kind of like calling people retarded no? You start spewing your hateful off topic bile and expect those you target to say nothing. You're bully tactics don't work on me you sad clown. Again...here you are with nothing to do but point and wave a finger. "Boring morons" now that is rich coming from you. LOL! Your entire post is a retread. The others you single out really shine a light on your stupidity. KS, Poet and many others disagree with me on many things, but at least they are civil. You are nothing more than a bully. It's a shame you are too old for the schoolyard. I'm sure you miss those days dimwit.

Watch out now, Anonymous IP hash: 05d6f64a8e,

you're turning into a regular 'bully'. And a well educated one too! It just goes to show.....

Well done, Ketamine! You've passed level four of Moz fandom: bullying others, and then crying foul when those you've bullied turn against you. Next up? I think you're ready to take a turn bodyshaming women whose political views you don't happen to share. You choose who.

At level six--in case you want to start getting ready--you get to befriend Buffy Saint Marie, Canada's beloved First Nations activist, while simultaneously denouncing seal hunting. You know, seal hunting!--a traditional Aboriginal practice in remote northern communities where it forms an essential part of its practitioners' identity, culture, tradition, and, more practically for many, their only way of survival.

At level seven, you get to do all of this while playing in Argentina, number TWO on the world's beef consumption by country chart, a country that doesn't have to worry about the pesky ancestral hunting practices of its indigenous population...because its European settlers, you know, eliminated most of them.

Level eight, just as a heads-up, involves you setting the following lyrics (please see below) to music written by the former guitarist for Alanis Morissette, and then complaining publicly about the vapidity of contemporary pop music. Yes, bonus points ARE awarded if you can accomplish your mission with a straight face.

Kiss me a lot, kiss me a lot
Kiss me all over my face
Kiss me all over the place
Kiss me all over and then when you've kissed me
Kiss me all over again

Kind of like calling people retarded no? You start spewing your hateful off topic bile and expect those you target to say nothing. You're bully tactics don't work on me you sad clown. Again...here you are with nothing to do but point and wave a finger. "Boring morons" now that is rich coming from you. LOL! Your entire post is a retread. The others you single out really shine a light on your stupidity. KS, Poet and many others disagree with me on many things, but at least they are civil. You are nothing more than a bully. It's a shame you are too old for the schoolyard. I'm sure you miss those days dimwit.
"Sad clown", "bully","stupidity","dimwit", thanks, you keep proving my point wonderfully, btw what's a retread?

"Sad clown", "bully","stupidity","dimwit", thanks, you keep proving my point wonderfully, btw what's a retread?

Saying the same thing over and over again. The thing you excel at best. Nice sidestep of your retarded comment. It's everyone else and nothing to do with you...deluded much? I will save you the trouble of thinking. The answer is yes.

Saying the same thing over and over again. The thing you excel at best. Nice sidestep of your retarded comment. It's everyone else and nothing to do with you...deluded much? I will save you the trouble of thinking. The answer is yes.

You seem to have some anger management issues, you need to chill out "dude" go smoke a doobie

Whenever I hear the word "truth" used, I am reminded of an expression "the truth according to whom", to qualify how I will absorb the material.

Is it my truth, is it their truth, is it a worldly held truth? Once I sort that out, I know how to properly file it, with credibility, suspicion or the trash bin.

sometimes i like to sit and listen to taylor not-so-swifts music and marvel to myself that she probably genuinely fancies herself an intimidating person, just for the curiously amused feeling it produces.

otherwise i dont care that much. i mean it's all very dispiriting im sure if you're a true artist in the business, but people are allowed to produce garbage. i mean they arent obligated to be anything more than what they are. if they happen to be a mindless generic moron who the gods decidedly do not love, that's their tragedy, not mine.

sometimes i like to sit and listen to taylor not-so-swifts music and marvel to myself that she probably genuinely fancies herself an intimidating person, just for the curiously amused feeling it produces.

otherwise i dont care that much. i mean it's all very dispiriting im sure if you're a true artist in the business, but people are allowed to produce garbage. i mean they arent obligated to be anything more than what they are. if they happen to be a mindless generic moron who the gods decidedly do not love, that's their tragedy, not mine.

This is brilliant

Back
Top Bottom