TTY: Prince, RIP

Link from an anonymous person:

Prince, RIP - true-to-you.net
24 April 2016

Although a long-serving vegan and a strong advocate of the abolition of the abattoir, neither of these points was mentioned in the one hundred television reports that I witnessed yesterday as they covered the enchanted life and sad death of Prince. The points were not mentioned because they are identified as expressions against e$tabli$hment interests, therefore we, mere galley slaves, aren't allowed to know.
Prince has influenced the world more than is suspected, and somehow the life of his music is just beginning, and he would be thanked not only by humans but also animals for living his lyrical life as he did. Humans, you see, are not the world.
Meanwhile, on the same day that Prince melts away in physical form, London and England remain two very different countries, and in London the news media (under tyrannized instructions from Buckingham Palace) are informing the world that Her Royal Slyness is celebrating her 90th birthday, and we are assured that all of the United Kingdom is celebrating a monarch who has "served" (that is, served herself, not the people) for over 60 years. There is no evidence of celebrations, and in fact there are hushed reports of national indifference. In this mental maze the marrow of the matter has been grasped by everyone: monarchy is the new anarchy. It is the face of white supremacy, social repression, tyranny, oppression, thought control, big stick control, minority rule, dictatorship, and, on the streets beyond SW1, unfairness. All that can be honestly celebrated on Elizabeth's 90th birthday is the reality that she is the end of the family line. What else could her point be?
Prince, who made something of his life as opposed to having fortune handed to him, is far more 'royal' than Elizabeth 2, and he will be mourned far more than she, for she could never make herself loveable, no matter how many paid and promoted non-stories flood the newspapers of the world. The laughing gulls of Buckingham Palace will never allow you to forget who wields the stick. And, of course, we know very well what gulls tend to do on the people below.
Prince is the royal that people love, whereas Elizabeth 2 was thrust on the people who have never been asked whether or not they want her.

MORRISSEY
22 April 2016.

prince.jpg

UPDATE Apr. 27:

From terrancestamp:

Much has been said about the Prince and Morrissey's connection. Because of my deep love of Morrissey, I would bore anyone who would listen with my admiration for him. One fateful day in March of 1993 the radio station in Rome Georgia of all places, made an announcement that Prince would be doing an instore at Turtles Rhythm and Views in Atlanta. Because this is right at the time that Prince and Morrissey were supposed to be working together I decided to make the 2 hour trek to wait in line for a glimpse of the man and a possible autograph. Somehow I managed to get in with a copy of my Morrissey fanzine. When it was my turn I approached Prince about Morrissey and ask if they were going to work together. He said and I quote, in his very shy soft voice "Were just thinking about it". He then took a copy of my fanzine and signed my CD. So let the rumor mill be no more. Yes, they were thinking about working together. So they must have had some type of communication. Now only Morrissey can tell the rest of the story. Attached are some photos from that lucky day! Prince went on to do a mini concert for the people who waited in line that day. He did 3 songs from his "Purple Rain" period. Amazing treat from this Superstar to perform for a couple hundred people in a record store. He certainly had my respect from that day forward.

prince2.jpgprince1.jpg

Last edited:
Wrong again! It was reported that Prince was vegan!!!

In a few articles yes they did. Although I think Prince was more often a vegetarian than vegan. He claimed he cooked omelettes for friends (don't know if he ate eggs himself) but Paisley Park had a strict "no meat" policy. If you recorded there and ordered food that included meat you were asked to eat the "food" off the property.

janet, whitney, stevie and diana are pretty awful though

What??

Lower your head and tip-toe gently out of the room. RIGHT NOW!

If you deem to stay then take off those Cloth ears and give Mr Wonder's 70's albums a spin. Or maybe listen to Ms. Ross's music with the Supremes. Or at least a dozen or so of her solo singles. If then you are of the same opinion, then it's conclusive proof you're one of those who have Van Gogh's ear for music.

As for Janet? Well, yes, she lost whatever mojo she had when brother Mick hit skyward bound. And as for poor Whitney sob, splutter. Soooo much went wrong for the poor dear. But she had her moments.

Using Prince's death to have a pop at the Queen, seriously, how low can you go.

Wouldn't surprise me if he jumps on the back of the outcome of the Hillsborough inquest.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

In a few articles yes they did. Although I think Prince was more often a vegetarian than vegan. He claimed he cooked omelettes for friends (don't know if he ate eggs himself) but Paisley Park had a strict "no meat" policy. If you recorded there and ordered food that included meat you were asked to eat the "food" off the property.

"I think Prince was more often a vegetarian than vegan."

Therefore not a vegan.

NEXT!

What??

Lower your head and tip-toe gently out of the room. RIGHT NOW!

If you deem to stay then take off those Cloth ears and give Mr Wonder's 70's albums a spin. Or maybe listen to Ms. Ross's music with the Supremes. Or at least a dozen or so of her solo singles. If then you are of the same opinion, then it's conclusive proof you're one of those who have Van Gogh's ear for music.

As for Janet? Well, yes, she lost whatever mojo she had when brother Mick hit skyward bound. And as for poor Whitney sob, splutter. Soooo much went wrong for the poor dear. But she had her moments.

ive listened to them and dont care for them. it takes more than technical talent for me to care about and like music and most of those albums i would turn off. if you wanna hold your own tastes so high as to say i must not be able to hear, which makes me believe you must think very highly of yourself, then i cant stop you or care. all of that music is extremely dull to me. stevies the best out of the bunch if i had to choose at gunpoint but i like i said above i dont want to hear them and would turn them off if left alone in a room with them playing as id prefer the silence. give me sam cooke and ill be happy or happier or just for giggles to pick a hip hop oriented group ill take dalek from filthy tongue of gods and griots as i love that album

Come down to earth, counthree. You are flying high as a kite. You also sound like Barbara Walters and her yearly special: The most fascinating people. She thinks Bradley Cooper, Bruce Jenner (now Caitlyn) and some other pop tarts are people we should hold in high esteem. How about the humanitarians, the Nobel prize winners, the simple people as everyday heroes in war-torn countries. Those are fascinating people. You guys live in an inflated, artificially flavoured and coloured bubble and I am here to burst it for you.

And yet, here you are. We aren't on a Nobel Prize Winner forum, are we? And the last time I checked, there's room for many heroes in this world. If Morrissey or Prince created some art that moved someone or helped them through a difficult time, then who are you to judge their status as a hero? There are way too many people on this forum that live to spread negativity and pass judgement. Why don't you find something more productive to do than pointing your finger at everyone else?

"I think Prince was more often a vegetarian than vegan."

Therefore not a vegan.

NEXT!

Well I happen to be 100% abolitionist vegan and all that entails I still can appreciate someone like Prince who by his not eating meat so many saved the lives of countless animals. Like I said I don't know if Prince ate eggs and cheese- only that if he cooked for friends he said could make good omelettes. I was disappointed when I heard that but I've learned to pick my battles.

Surely not.....

Is this true...?

From an interview in 1986 - the height of Prince's fame ......

"Ultimately, I don't have very cast iron opinions on black music other than modern black music which I detest. I detest Stevie Wonder. I think Diana Ross is awful. I hate all those records in the Top 40 - Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston. I think they're vile in the extreme. In essence this music doesn't say anything whatsoever."

Stephen, no! Naughty! Naughty Boy!

But, wait!, what is this....he continues......

"Obviously, to get on Top Of The Pops these days one has to be, by law, black."

Meow! Queen White Bitch or what?

And don't get him started on reggae........

Glad he 'liked' Prince though. Who's modern, funky, black infuenced music was at it's commercial peak in the 80's.......

Still love ya, Stephen. But I'll think I'll go and listen to one of Stevie Wonder's seminal 70's albums now. If that's OK.............

It's Steven not Stephen. Actually, it's Morrissey to you. Pilgrimupnorth.

ive listened to them and dont care for them. it takes more than technical talent for me to care about and like music and most of those albums i would turn off. if you wanna hold your own tastes so high as to say i must not be able to hear, which makes me believe you must think very highly of yourself, then i cant stop you or care.

Aren't you a precious snowflake.

Get a sense of humour. And learn to write properly.

The only "celebration" I saw was done by William & Kate themselves while they were in India. It was just an excuse for them to eat cake.

I'd like to thank Morrissey for his well written message. Great minds think alike. I was thinking the same things.

"You and I just smile because we're thinking the same line"

#HumansAreNotTheWorld

Emmm...Michael Jackson would have disagreed. :)

#WeARETheWorld

Never heard Morrissey express a liking for Council estate Chavs. He always had more bohemian aspirations (I was going to say middle class but that's not the same now as it was then). Re Harry: nothing can excuse his Help for Heroes-shoot anything that moves-no opinion-laddy character. There is nothing endearing about him. Maybe he seems Chavvy to you because he still doesn't know who his real dad is. I think we do!
Pilgrimupnorth

You obviously don't get Morrissey then. He is essentially a shameless charter.a shameless character that reads books. The Smiths were a working class movement and band. If you don't even now that you don't know a thing

ive listened to them and dont care for them. it takes more than technical talent for me to care about and like music and most of those albums i would turn off. if you wanna hold your own tastes so high as to say i must not be able to hear, which makes me believe you must think very highly of yourself, then i cant stop you or care. all of that music is extremely dull to me. stevies the best out of the bunch if i had to choose at gunpoint but i like i said above i dont want to hear them and would turn them off if left alone in a room with them playing as id prefer the silence. give me sam cooke and ill be happy or happier or just for giggles to pick a hip hop oriented group ill take dalek from filthy tongue of gods and griots as i love that album

Truly, madly, deeply, I do not "think very highly of yourself" (myself) as you state. But there is a difference In My Humble Opinion, in not liking someone's music and not appreciating their talent. For instance, I do not like one ounce of raspin' gaspin' Robert Zinnemann aka Bob Dylan; however I do acknowledge his talent, his reputation, his influence. And there's the rub. By dismissing the likes of Stevie Wonder as "pretty awful" you seem to suggest that he has no quantative talent that you can acknowledge or appreciate, even if the music is not to your taste. I humbly beg to differ.

However, we do find common ground. HURRAH!! HURRAH!!! Sam Cooke. And as for hip-hop, may I suggest De La Soul's *3 Feet High and Rising* - a most joyous and uplifting record. Why, even Stephen would crack a smile after listening to it.

He's winding up the NME you daft wanker. He likes stevie wonder

Yawn. Yawn. Yawn. Excuses, excuses, excuses....pass me the tea, dear....and a biscuit whilst you're at it.....you put it out there, it sticks. Even Stephen knows that. It bites you on the arse, so to speak. A consequence of loose lips and all that jizzin' jazz.....

.....speaking of which.....yes, I do wank. Thus I am indeed a wanker. Daft? Yes, at times. Thanks for the strange interest. How about yourself? Or aren't you the type that tells......lover boy............

He's winding up the NME you daft wanker. He likes stevie wonder

its fine with me if he doesnt or does i still dont care for any of those listed and would still turn those records off as i dont find myself simply disinterested in them i dont like them and they annoy me, to whatever degree, which is not a statement regarding the worth of the person or talent, simply the artists taste and how they direct that talent. steve vai is a super talented technical guitarist but i find all of records awful simply because he directs that talent into making awful sounding music imo

whitney has a great voice technically but i dont care to listen to it and it annoys me very much when pared with the music vocal melodies and lyrics. im basing this solely on my emotional reaction to the music when i listen to it and it doent just leave me cold but it turns me off however slightly (im not light them on fire just because i find her records awful). guess thats just how im somewhat built. what moz thinks of it, and this is the first time ive heard the dislike for these artists, maybe ive read it and forgot as i just didnt care about it who knows, though ive seen the black music quote before has no relevancy to me. i appriciate and respect his opinions but they are one among many that i respect and appriciate and there are many contradictions among those opinions. i also dont care for de la soul in any way and would and have turned them off as well had they been playing in a room i was left in but happily ive never suffered such. that said i dont hold my opinions or taste is such high esteem that i would insult others becasue they didnt agree with me or even feel a need to bring it up. why would i. im glad your happy we have something in common. based on our previous exchange i find myself less enthused

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom