TTY: Sir Terry Wogan, RIP

Morrissey has expressed sadness at the death of British broadcaster and DJ Sir Terry Wogan:

Sir Terry Wogan, RIP - true-to-you.net
31 January 2016

Time is not as it was. I only met Terry Wogan once, and he approached me (which makes all the difference), and was as genuine and charming as the entire world, today, is saying that he was. So very witty, yet never hurtful ... razor-sharp yet respectful - and, incredibly, one of the few radio DJs with no qualms about playing the Smiths or Morrissey. I am thankful to him.

Morrissey
31 January 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
...it's either you are right or you're right. No your right. Go back to grammar school. Can't stand people who can't spell.

* so should that read "No your right", "No you're right", "Not your right", "Not you're right" or "know your right" ?
I can't stand thick intellectual-sis.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Yes spelling. You mean like your BRILLIANT comment, post # 525 in the David Bowie dies at 69 Article:

'What did you just blabber out makes no sense. Oh I get it, you meant to say to use his clone in the times of sudden disappearance. Briliant! ' - Anonymous IP hash: b75215ef51

guess you can't stand your self ?

You know, I had my doubts for a while, but your alright. Handled that in style.

did you see what I did there

Yes spelling. You mean like your BRILLIANT comment, post # 525 in the David Bowie dies at 69 Article:

'What did you just blabber out makes no sense. Oh I get it, you meant to say to use his clone in the times of sudden disappearance. Briliant! ' - Anonymous IP hash: b75215ef51

Well done sniffer! You must work for FBI or CIA.
To my defense, English is my second language. How many languages can you speak?

Ty sprosta kurva alebo kokot. Rozumies? Mozes ma bozat v rit!

Re: TTY statement: RIP Terry Woga

You make some good points but let's just put Terry and David on the "influence weighing scales". David is coming in strong with a hefty reading whilst Sir Terry who Steve only met once is floating in the air.
Sadly it was Sir Terrys passing that was used to deliver one final low blow case of snot nosed junior high ribbing, it was just the luck of the draw, it could have been Rolf Harris, Gordon Ramsey, Simon Cowell etc.
So for me it was just Steve being a c__t as usual.
If you ever get time I'd love to here your tuppence worth on Joe Moss getting a silent death statement.

"If you ever get time I'd love to here your tuppence worth on Joe Moss getting a silent death statement."

No excuse for that. And, yes, those who've slated Morrissey for not even acknowledging Bowie's passing are justified in their criticism. Especially as he has indeed commented on Wogan - a man who essentially meant nothing to him. I can see why some people are viewing this as utterly mean-spirited and one more example of Morrissey's seemingly vindictive, perverse and petulant nature.

Perhaps though - and without getting all Freudian about it - that old adage "we always hurt the things we love most" does ring a bell of sorts here. Moss and Bowie were important figures in Morrissey's life and he's dealt with their deaths by deliberately 'ignoring' it all. That is not to say the sadness nor remembrance isn't there; rather, because the feelings are so personal he wishes to not to share it with anyone. Whereas with Wogan and the like, it's just another rather meaningless tribute that amounts to nothing. And he more or less knows that.
Like I say, I could be well wrong. But I've no no doubt when he heard the news on January 11th, Morrissey was probably as shocked and as saddened as the rest of us were. And like I say, there will come a point (during a future interview etc) where he will be asked about it. Meanwhile, I'm holding fire.

Re: TTY statement: RIP Terry Woga

"If you ever get time I'd love to here your tuppence worth on Joe Moss getting a silent death statement."

No excuse for that. And, yes, those who've slated Morrissey for not even acknowledging Bowie's passing are justified in their criticism. Especially as he has indeed commented on Wogan - a man who essentially meant nothing to him. I can see why some people are viewing this as utterly mean-spirited and one more example of Morrissey's seemingly vindictive, perverse and petulant nature.

Perhaps though - and without getting all Freudian about it - that old adage "we always hurt the things we love most" does ring a bell of sorts here. Moss and Bowie were important figures in Morrissey's life and he's dealt with their deaths by deliberately 'ignoring' it all. That is not to say the sadness nor remembrance isn't there; rather, because the feelings are so personal he wishes to not to share it with anyone. Whereas with Wogan and the like, it's just another rather meaningless tribute that amounts to nothing. And he more or less knows that.
Like I say, I could be well wrong. But I've no no doubt when he heard the news on January 11th, Morrissey was probably as shocked and as saddened as the rest of us were. And like I say, there will come a point (during a future interview etc) where he will be asked about it. Meanwhile, I'm holding fire.

Thanks for the swift response, all eyes and ears shall be on any future interview, watch this space.

Terry Wogan was an admirer of Thatcher and even went to her funeral. And Morrissey is sad that he's died?

The man doesn't live in the real world.

The return of the Grammar Police! Well,it's more interesting that anything about Trollissey.

The-Grinch-how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-33770551-200-200.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom