Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
boz, alain, gus, mando, matt w (and the others) all feeling pretty great about not being in this band rn
How does all of this fit in with the Alain leaving saga? Could this shit-show have played a part?
I know he mentioned on Facebook about not being able to work with the tour manager any longer, but I wonder if this influenced his decision to leave too.

Come one, Moz, you can solve this problem one way or another.

Don't be so stubborn!

Please, make yourself and your fans happy by doing your best to release BOT.

Love.

you mean "buzzing in". have you heard her talking voice lately? sounds like 4 packs a day.

Lol, sure!

Anyway, would be interesting to hear why she didn’t stand her ground and demand to be on Veronica, or what really was her reason ( that’s if it was her reason) for deciding to not be on Veronica, if that is the case.

So I have a question, Moz couldn't say she was on the song Veronica, but he could have her sing on Veronica no problem? Kind of a silly stipulation honestly that makes no sense
It's not unusual for artists to appear totally uncredited on another recording. There are many examples of that over the years. Many contracts though will oblige an artist to record for them and no one else. So being credited would put them in breach of contract.
Clearly though Miley has not just objected to being credited - but she has also objected to her voice being used at all. She has the right to do that, but it suggests a total breakdown in her relationship with Moz. And that may be something to do with the disagreements in 'the circle' that Moz referred to.

I don't blame Morrissey for wanting confirmation that Miley was OK with not being credited - however, his decision to leak this information in public before it had been approved, and then spending a year trying to blame Capitol and Michelle Jubelirer of deliberately sabotaging his career is totally out of order.

Gotta hand it to Justice John Weeks: 'Devious, truculent and unreliable' remains the most accurate summation of Morrissey's character ever given.

is terrance stamp the new fiona dodwell?
I dunno, Fiona at least manages to spell the name of hero correctly.
Instead of pestering busy record executives, why will Terry not explain who MOZI is?

Oh you silly old man, in your misguided trousers….

He has enough money to fix this problem and not blink an eye. He breached contractual agreements of not mentioning miley and now has burnt any goodwill from Capitol of getting the record to market.

I genuinely think he’s been hard done in the past, but this seems a very open and shut case. He refuses to self release, refuses to pay back his advance. There are routes out of this but the only block in the road is moz himself.

bonfire will come out sooner or later, and probably at the hands of Capitol, who may drop it without Veronica and kill it, like southpaw.

It's not unusual for artists to appear totally uncredited on another recording. There are many examples of that over the years. Many contracts though will oblige an artist to record for them and no one else. So being credited would put them in breach of contract.
Clearly though Miley has not just objected to being credited - but she has also objected to her voice being used at all. She has the right to do that, but it suggests a total breakdown in her relationship with Moz. And that may be something to do with the disagreements in 'the circle' that Moz referred to.
From the trail today it appears that had she remained "uncredited" there was no problem with BOT coming out as was intended. But Moz wanted her name on the 7" sleeve and then blurted out that she was on the track. At which point Columbia put in a cease and desist.

bonfire will come out sooner or later, and probably at the hands of Capitol, who may drop it without Veronica and kill it, like southpaw.
I guess they'll hang onto it, as long as they think there is a chance Morrissey will pay his advance back. I don't know how many years the licensing agreement was for, but when they eventually conclude they will never get their money back, they might just drop it as a download only, minus Veronica, with zero money spent on promotion, just to try and mitigate their losses.

From the trail today it appears that had she remained "uncredited" there was no problem with BOT coming out as was intended. But Moz wanted her name on the 7" sleeve and then blurted out that she was on the track. At which point Columbia put in a cease and desist.
Yep this is it. Because he said she was on the record, AGAINST Columbia’s wishes, he got a C&D. I can imagine Capitol wanted to re-record it with new vocals, but Moz wanted miley and then fell out with them.

Back
Top Bottom