PETA UK (via Gloucestershire Live): "Morrissey writes to TUI demanding they stop selling trips to parks" (May 1, 2024)

20240501_112851.jpg

1_morrissey-slams-1178285.jpg

He wrote: "TUI now has the dubious distinction of being the last major travel provider in the UK to provide a financial lifeline to these watery little hellholes. Contrary to your company tagline, the animals imprisoned at marine parks do not Live Happy.
"Anyone with a thinking bone in their body – or a drop of compassion – knows that not only does captivity kill the spirit of these imprisoned, intelligent, social beings, it often kills them."

He concludes his letter by asking: “Please will you find it in your heart – or realise that your business is tainted by these venues – and stop supporting these magnificent sea animals’ suffering?”

Same:

Letter-to-Andrew-Flintham-from-Morrissey (1)-page-001.jpg

The full statement tends to surface eventually if there is one (edit: see above).
Regards,
FWD.

I think they give the animals "something" to make them happy. On that subject, I went to a new zoo the other day. I was really looking forward to it, but it rubbish. I got there and...they only had one dog on display. It was a Shih Tzu.
Someone should give posters here something to make them happy, what a miserable bunch.
And why is it ok to hold dogs and cats in captivity? I was wondering the same thing.

I was wondering, too… looks like wet straw. Or a really bad AI job adding a missing quiff?

Maybe someone here knows the original photo, the shirt looks like from Word Peace tour times.

If it helps, it was from The Sant Jordi Club, Barcelona, Spain (October 10, 2014).
Same gig:

FB_IMG_1714633179788.jpg

FWD.

Very good Morrissey!! Defending beings who can't express what they feel trapped in those places, so that stupid and insensitive humans with zero empathy can enjoy... If you want to see those animals go look at Animal planet or buy magazines!! VIVA MOZ

Oh dear. Did you think the dolphins were happy because they were smiling ? They were not happy. How can you be so clueless?
i cant believe that i just read her say that she was there for a visit so she knows they're happy. that's definitely up there as one of the most retarded and juvenile things ive ever read on this site.

if i came back as a dolphin.
would you listen to me then.
prince,great song.

signs you embody a peculiarly american form of ignorance:
1. you go to aquariums, which are both unethical and a very dated form of 'entertainment' (honestly i didnt think there were any left outside of maybe asia. the aquarium in my city was done away with decades ago)
2. you see sea creatures and think you know how to interpret their happiness level by sight and that because they 'seem' happy they must be
3. you think having seen them for a short visit makes you a world expert on the topic

I sincerely hope that you only make these ridiculous posts in a childish attempt to try and elicit a reaction. Otherwise I seriously question your grasp of the situation.
If you want to get worked up about aquariums because Morrissey does, that is certainly your right, ridiculous, but your absolute right.
I find it absurd people are behaving the way they are about this, I really don't care, I know people here have some sort of need to do everything he does and think everything he thinks because they are empty inside, vacant. I am not one of those people. I don't think my post is childish, it's accurate, a lot of you are like cult members. He is just a washed up pop star whose work I really enjoyed at certain points in his career, I don't see the need to worship him, it's creepy.

If you want to get worked up about aquariums because Morrissey does, that is certainly your right, ridiculous, but your absolute right.
I find it absurd people are behaving the way they are about this, I really don't care, I know people here have some sort of need to do everything he does and think everything he thinks because they are empty inside, vacant. I am not one of those people. I don't think my post is childish, it's accurate, a lot of you are like cult members. He is just a washed up pop star whose work I really enjoyed at certain points in his career, I don't see the need to worship him, it's creepy.
nobody worships him,some people like him and some people go a bit further and would say they love him.worship is too strong a word.

This video contains news that TUI is currently reviewing its practices in respect of this topic. It will be interesting to see what the company concludes.

Have you ever considered that we just happen to agree with him on this issue because we share the same views, rather than agreeing with him on this just because it's him, while we also disagree with him on many other things?

Sharing the same views on certain things ≠ worshipping

I went to an aquarium in Valencia. Seeing the captive orcas trapped in that environment was one of the most profoundly depressing experiences of my life.

Have you ever considered that we just happen to agree with him on this issue because we share the same views, rather than agreeing with him on this just because it's him, while we also disagree with him on many other things?

Sharing the same views on certain things ≠ worshipping
N0pe, it's too fanatical, but if my comment doesn't apply to you, I don't know why you are responding with the royal we.

Morrissey is a petty bastard, and just like any narcissist, he has to keep up the facade. He compared slaughtered children to chicken nuggets, that tells me all I need to know about Morrissey's compassion for any living thing.

He compared slaughtered children to chicken nuggets, that tells me all I need to know about Morrissey's compassion for any living thing.

Right, because it tells you he values the lives of innocent children and the lives of innocent animals. Which is more than can be said for you, which I suspect explains your frustrated lashing out at him.

Back
Top Bottom