Jerry Finn taken off life support on Aug 9th

Re: Jerry Finn seriously ill?

Agree with Mike above. Quarry, while I was not entirely keen on a number of the songs, did sound delightful and I hope YOR is a fitting tribute in the same way Your Arsenal is to Ronson.

Destination Failure is getting a play tonight for Jerry.:guitar:

My brother died of exactly the same illness aged 21 (I was 17) in 1980. He was admitted on a Wednesday and by Sunday evening the doctors recommended to my parents that the life support machine was turned off. I was amazed Jerry lasted as long as he did, must have been fighting to remain with us - a brave battle.

I'll put on 'You Are The Quarry' tonight as a tribute.

Jukebox Jury

Shit, I never relaised that happened pal. So sorry.

I am feeling pretty shit about Jerry, R.I.P.

Love PTxx.

what a terrible loss.

He was pretty young wasn't he?..I've been unable to find a picture of him anywhere.

My brother died of exactly the same illness aged 21 (I was 17) in 1980. He was admitted on a Wednesday and by Sunday evening the doctors recommended to my parents that the life support machine was turned off. I was amazed Jerry lasted as long as he did, must have been fighting to remain with us - a brave battle.

I'll put on 'You Are The Quarry' tonight as a tribute.

Jukebox Jury

So sorry to hear this.

And I'm so sad to hear about Jerry. Sending prayers and strength to those who love him.

RIP Jerry Finn.

May YOR go straight in at number 1 in your memory

I just read the post on the front page, and was all jubilant, and thinking "oh wow thats good going, hes breathing on his own already etc"
how very very wrong i was...
RIP Jerry
:tears:

I just read the post on the front page, and was all jubilant, and thinking "oh wow thats good going, hes breathing on his own already etc"
how very very wrong i was...
RIP Jerry
:tears:

Me too... that was horrible. I'm so sorry he passed. :tears:

Oh my God, I'm very shocked and sad to hear this. R.I.P :(

Truly sad for someone of his age to pass away, however wikipedia is no longer stating he has passed away on his entry, and there is no other official source which is reporting his death. I would have expected a major news outlet to have reported this by now, none of which have. I'm hanging back from offering condolences until there is something more official.

This situation is very hard. Not necessarily for the person who has passed but for the people left behind. I have a friend going through the same thing right now and it is hard on the heart to hear them so distraught.

He left us with some great achievements, and for that I am grateful.
RIP Jerry.

I'm very sorry to hear this. My prayers and thoughts go out to his friends and family. I'm sure he's extremely comfortable now.

I'm so saddened by this news. I was hoping he'd recover. What a tragic loss and so young too. He worked with many bands I love. He'll be missed greatly.

Back
Top Bottom