Jerry Finn taken off life support on Aug 9th

Re: *sigh*

I'm sorry, do you have any decency?

We haven't had any official announcement about his illness.
You could respect his privacy.

WTF?
15huh.gif

I'm joining the others with the 'WTF?' questions. So if something quite major is rumoured, but unconfirmed, are we not allowed to talk about it?

Where are we, China?

That's a bit rich coming from someone who felt it necessary to point out that they didn't like Jerry Finn's work on first finding out that he could be very dangerously ill.

Last edited:

That's a bit rich coming from someone who felt it necessary to point out that they didn't like Jerry Finn's work on first finding out that he could be very dangerously ill.

The moment she chose to post how much she hated his work, the thread was titled something like "Is Jerry Finn Dead?" and we weren't sure if he was in dire condition at the hospital or if he actually had just died at the hospital. Very cold.

Steely brown eyes, with no love in them, scan the forum. And a humorless smile, with no warmth within, greets the forum.

Last edited:

Get well soon- Quarry was one of Moz's best albums & very well produced! I'm sure the new album will be too.....

Re: Jerry Finn seriously ill?

It must be good news that he is able to communicate already though. Is this the same thing that Edwyn Collins had?

Collins had 2 haemorrhages in a very short space of time. I think it was early '05 and he's just getting back to 'performing' now, I think.

There was a documentary about his process of recovery on BBC a few months ago. I think that the first 2 years it was very slow, frustrating and so on with speech and movement but it seems that this year things have got better for him - didn't he do a set at Glastonbury or another of the festivals this summer?

Anyway, I'd also like to wish Jerry Finn all the best. I think YATQ is a fine piece of work and am confident YOR will be too.

Hopefully, Jerry will come back to produce many more recordings again in the future - for Moz and many others.

The moment she chose to post how much she hated his work, the thread was titled something like "Is Jerry Finn Dead?" and we weren't sure if he was in dire condition at the hospital or if he actually had just died at the hospital. Very cold.

Steely brown eyes, with no love in them, scan the forum. And a humorless smile, with no warmth within, greets the forum.

yeah i agree, what the f*** is she on about! she should show more respect :mad:

My brother died of exactly the same illness aged 21 (I was 17) in 1980. He was admitted on a Wednesday and by Sunday evening the doctors recommended to my parents that the life support machine was turned off. I was amazed Jerry lasted as long as he did, must have been fighting to remain with us - a brave battle.

I'll put on 'You Are The Quarry' tonight as a tribute.

Jukebox Jury

My brother died of exactly the same illness aged 21 (I was 17) in 1980. He was admitted on a Wednesday and by Sunday evening the doctors recommended to my parents that the life support machine was turned off. I was amazed Jerry lasted as long as he did, must have been fighting to remain with us - a brave battle.

So sorry to hear that, Phill. :(

Back
Top Bottom