What would you do if Morrissey would die tomorrow?

What would you do if Morrissey died tomorrow?

• Total voters
Re: When the Mozfather has passed away...

I was browsing thru posts as it suddenly stroke me how it will be when he decides to die. Will he get a Cobain-style cult (there's a large one, sin't it?) or will he just be mourned by his devout fans? Will there be any significant change at all for music. Is he going to be left forgotten on Peré Lachaise in Paris or as an othersider next to Monroe?

And how will his music be remebered, as the seed to the emo plague and 'Wonderwall'?
"His work will be drowned in nostalgia and the remaining part of The Smiths will reuinte for their last tour - 'That Joke Was Funny But Not Anymore'".

Hope that this is my letter before putting him down or something;) .
Sorry Kewpie if I've missed an old thread about this.

Cheers

Morrissey can't die.
not in this lifetime, anyway.

There are things I don't want to think about, this is one. So no...
There is no such thing as death, There is no such thing as death, There is no such thing as death, There is no such thing as death, There is no such thing as death...and if there is, then there's no such thing as Morrissey's death. And in that I'm sure.

Morrissey can't die.

I am stupidly in denial, even reading the heading on this post made me come out in a cold sweat.

Yes, yes, and yes. I hate this thread. :( I'd be almost as lost as I would be if someone in my own family died unexpectedly.

Re: When the Mozfather has passed away...

Morrissey can't die.

lol you mean not in our lifetime :p if Moz pops his clogs after I'm gone I'll welcome him up with open arms :D or should that be I'll drag him into the furnace ...;)

When Morrissey dies- the man's death press would imitate his single releases.

I wonder what billing it would get on the UK national news? I reckon immediately it would be top item, then the same day it would be quickly relegated to fifth.

Then after the following day's obituaries (which are probably written for him already) the funeral/ memorial service attended by whoever and Mike Joyce to be wheeled out to express his regret but mention how much of a top bloke Moz was.

And on the seventh day...

They'd release the tribute album.

I also bet if this website is still here (which it probably will be) someone will comment "I can't believe the levels Morrissey has stooped to. He is a sell-out. f***ing dying to try and get a number one record. He should have stopped writing songs with that Johnny Marr at least 10 years ago. "

Weird, but I wonder what Marr would be feeling if Moz died.

i think the following to his grave would be greater and better than Jim Morrison's. Morrison attracted a bunch of drop out juveniles to his site, who think it's great to vandalize a cemetery. Hey, it would be ok if it just kept to Morrison's grave, but no, they have to ruin other lots too.

Morrissey's grave will be much more respected, with tons of flowers and pictures; and people just sitting there, finally able to sit down and talk to their hero, or perhaps read some wilde.

Unless morrissey keeps on doing/saying stuff that alienates him from his fans, he may have close to none left in 20 years. i really don't think he is happy. I think he's been lying recently that hs is happy, just to get people off his back. Something seems to be eating at morrissey recently in the last few years. anyone else think so? what do you think?

Oh, what a horrible thought.
People die and you can't do a thing about it.
At least you can love them while they are here.
But when they are gone it's just not the same.
I can't stand to think of our Mr. Morrissey lying in the cold ground.
So, I'll not think about it......

no!
no!
no!
don't ask that!!!
but i know i'd die a little.

I voted that i'd cry for weeks and play his songs constantly but also a little piece of my soul will die with him, knowing that he wouldn't release another song fills me with such an awful, lost feeling....

If Moz died I would sink into a black hole of sadness and depression for a while but his music will stay alive with me for ever. It's a shame that only when he DOES die, will he finally get the recognition for from the media...etc that he deserves for all his brilliance.

PS: What is up with all those Wrestling references at the begining of the thread? Who the hell is this Eddie Guerrero? How old are you people watching this stuff? You guys know it's fake right?....Ooooops, sorry! Frankly, I stopped watching wwf when I was 11, haven't seen this thing since vintage undertaker and ultimate warrior ended their feud back in '92. I don't see how anyone would compare the feeling felt after the death of our Moz to the feeling felt after the death of some Eddie raslin' guy.

after enough years pass, we'll be buying tickets to see the "Morrissey Experience". That's right, impersonators, like they do with elvis.

I can see it now, an elvis impersonator and Morrissey impersonator going on tour together...that is until they argue who gets to headline :eek:

Wot? Tomorrow?

If it happened, I'd be really spooked as to how you knew to even post this question. :eek:

I would spend a maudlin evening immersing myself in meloncholia and alcohol while listening to every Moz/Smiths album I own over and over again.

I picked I would die metaphorically. I wouldn't but that was the closest answer.

I would be really sad about all the things that we would never see.
Who knows how many more songs he will write.
How many more times he will play live.
What his autobiography would say.

Would it cause us to miss a Moz/Marr reunion? I'm not expecting one but it would always make me wonder.

I would just feel bad that after all these years of being a fan there was basically nothing new other than a few scraps left behind to come from him.

Back
Top Bottom