what made you frown today?

if that were the case here i never would've gotten the job. basically i show up to be surly and do the crossword.:lbf:

I am sure you can be surly in a very artistic way and don't tell me that crossword is in the local tabloid!
It must be a cryptology, very heavy stuff from some glamorous art magazine. But you have google.
I would be very, very disappointed if that wasn't the case. I mean the art magazine.

Oh, BTW I read that COS just opened a store in Vancouver. I love their concept so much, they have such great, reasonably priced fashion. Gorgeous interior design as well.
what's cos? church of satan? i live in victoria, which is on vancouver island, so i dont get over to vancouver much. i always mean to, but if it's a choice between vancouver and seattle (both equal amount of nuisance to get to), i would choose seattle any day.

what's cos? church of satan? i live in victoria, which is on vancouver island, so i dont get over to vancouver much. i always mean to, but if it's a choice between vancouver and seattle (both equal amount of nuisance to get to), i would choose seattle any day.

You can really hurt me sometimes. :(

I am sure you can be surly in a very artistic way and don't tell me that crossword is in the local tabloid!
It must be a cryptology, very heavy stuff from some glamorous art magazine. But you have google.
I would be very, very disappointed if that wasn't the case. I mean the art magazine.
it's just from the local paper :( my manager brings it in for me. he's long since given up on me being a productive member of the team :D

okay, just did! yes, it's very nice! it reminds me a bit of another swedish brand, toteme, but maybe a bit more structural and intellectual (very clean lines are needed to wear those clothes, so now i can understand feeling angst at eating a big f***er of baklava). im now very proud to know we have a cos in vancouver as we all know that swedish fashion and interior design is superlative. is this how you dress?

it's totally unfair and old fashioned, isnt it?! but in practically every shop here you have to be wearing proper work pants or a work skirt. if i wore jeans they'd probably send me home. the only place i can think of where you're allowed to wear jeans is if you work in a video store. or maybe 7/11. :p
i agree, if they want me to adhere to their dress code they should pay for it :(

They should pay for your uniform... in an ideal world.

I remember a case when a woman from Britain or France who worked in a bank refused to wear high heels. She made a little revolution.

Last edited:
They should pay for your uniform... in an ideal world.

I remember a case when a woman from Brigain or France who worked in a bank refused to wear high heels. She made a little revolution.
id be so resentful if i were forced to wear high heels. my passive aggression would be unreal. 'cause making women wear high heels is just ludicrous.

okay, just did! yes, it's very nice! it reminds me a bit of another swedish brand, toteme, but maybe a bit more structural and intellectual (very clean lines are needed to wear those clothes, so now i can understand feeling angst at eating a big f***er of baklava). im now very proud to know we have a cos in vancouver as we all know that swedish fashion and interior design is superlative. is this how you dress?

I have quite a lot of stuff from them, but it's a bit too eccentric for work, so I either wear suits or black jeans and shirt. I bought this beauty yesterday from Tiger of Sweden:

IMG_2029.JPG

I think it will look nice with a black or blue skinny suit.

Pardon my geographical insensitivity and not knowing it was problematic to get from Vancouver Island to Vancouver. I'm as bad as these foreigners who think that Stockholm is just around the corner from where I live, not knowing that it's actually an eight hour drive through endless forests, and if the car breaks down you will probably get eaten by wild bears. I've only been to Stockholm twice. How come you prefer Seattle over Vancouver? I imagine Vancouver much nicer, more cosmopolitan, less crime, less urban decay ...

I have quite a lot of stuff from them, but it's a bit too eccentric for work, so I either wear suits or black jeans and shirt. I bought this beauty yesterday from Tiger of Sweden:

View attachment 41731

Pardon my geographical insensitivity and not knowing it was problematic to get from Vancouver Island to Vancouver. I'm as bad as these foreigners who think that Stockholm is just around the corner from where I live, not knowing that it's actually an eight hour drive through endless forests, and if the car breaks down you will probably get eaten by wild bears. I've only been to Stockholm twice. How come you prefer Seattle over Vancouver? I imagine Vancouver much nicer, more cosmopolitan, less crime, less urban decay ...
oh my, how exciting to get a new shirt! i love it, it IS a beauty! im a big fan of prints on shirts, but like, only good prints, like elephants. not like hawaiian shirts or 70's florals or anything like that.
you have wild bears in sweden?! i always thought european forests were so much more friendly than ours. well we have wild bears AND cougars that will eat you.
well it's not problematic to get to vancouver, it's just that it's about an hour drive to the ferry terminal and then the ferry is a big pain. only an hour and a half but it's just a drag. the ferry ride to seattle is a bit longer but you can take it from the city center and the cost ends up about the same. i just like the feel of seattle, i dont know why. i like how it feels very closed in and shady. it just feels very homey to me. i dont even mind the scuzziness of it. plus they have pistachio muffins at the grocery store there which i've never seen before in my life and i think they may use pistachio jello powder for the flavour. so there's that.

Today I got a 5 CD 'Hits of the 80's' box set from my local library.
Happy Smile: It's free and has some great songs (Everyday is Like Sunday, The Specials, Fun Boy Three, Madness).
Sad Frown: approx 3 of the 5 discs are pure 80's lighter-holding crap.

Overall happy frown: even the worst cack from the 80's is better than 90% of the stuff released these daze.

View attachment 41731

So we have gone from Rifke wearing a zebra to 12 Slack wearing elephants. This is a fooking zoo.

I only post with a silly nickname Rifke so hate to break it to you but you have a real hater on here who is anonymous. You became hated cause of that mention of kids.

Whenever I say something about you I let you know it is me.

View attachment 41731

I see what you did there.....

If you take the train you will meet gay people like you cause the staff onboard almost always are so maybe you would get lucky in the onboard toilet.

I wouldn't worry about bears much but americans believe we have polar bears in the streets here cause of people like you.

That shirt is in bad need of a owner sex change from man to woman.

A week until the worst swedish tradition of all, midsummer. I truly hate all swedish cultural celebrations but "amateurs night" takes the biscuit.

2015-06-18_midsommar-blogg.gif

A week until the worst swedish tradition of all, midsummer. I truly hate all swedish cultural celebrations but "amateurs night" takes the biscuit.

2015-06-18_midsommar-blogg.gif
Maybe I jinx it now but I am hoping for traditional swedish midsummer weather next weekend.

ezgif-1579784308.gif

"Oh how wonderful swedish midsummer is"

NOT!

oh my, how exciting to get a new shirt! i love it, it IS a beauty! im a big fan of prints on shirts, but like, only good prints, like elephants. not like hawaiian shirts or 70's florals or anything like that.
you have wild bears in sweden?! i always thought european forests were so much more friendly than ours. well we have wild bears AND cougars that will eat you.
well it's not problematic to get to vancouver, it's just that it's about an hour drive to the ferry terminal and then the ferry is a big pain. only an hour and a half but it's just a drag. the ferry ride to seattle is a bit longer but you can take it from the city center and the cost ends up about the same. i just like the feel of seattle, i dont know why. i like how it feels very closed in and shady. it just feels very homey to me. i dont even mind the scuzziness of it. plus they have pistachio muffins at the grocery store there which i've never seen before in my life and i think they may use pistachio jello powder for the flavour. so there's that.

I am glad you like my new shirt. It's really quite fabulous. I think Morrissey would like it, too. He would look nice in an elephant print shirt.

Yes, Hawaiian shirts are ghastly, especially on hipsters who wear them "ironically".

Also, must visit Canada.

Last edited:
I am glad you like my new shirt. It's really quite fabulous. I think Morrissey would like it, too. He would look nice in an elephant print shirt.

Yes, Hawaiian shirts are ghastly, especially on hipsters who wear them "ironically".

Also, must visit Canada.

"Yes, Hawaiian shirts are ghastly, especially on hipsters who wear them "ironically". :D

That is funny cause how could we distinguish the hipsters wearing them ironically and the unpretentious, " regular" non-hipsters? Some of them have a beard too. Maybe we could identity them by the beer bellies. :cool: or the spectacles? But that is ironic too!

Not that I mind about that.
Many times those nonhipster Hawaiian shirtwearers are more engaging, unpretentious and uncomplicated then those hipsters.

I agree Moz could wear that elephant shirt and he would look perfect in it.
But he can wear anything I guess and look good in it.
It's his attitude.
He could even wear a Hawaiian shirt and it would be totally funny and ironic.

Your comment about the Hawaiian shirt wearing hipsters in an (failed?) attempt to make the statement, oh look at me, see how ironic I am, started me thinking about irony.
Nothing is what it seems, apparently.

At the moment I know I am a bit neglective about how I look.
I probably look now like a an old hippie. Need a haircut desperately.
Jus the way you could imagine me to be, ha.
Don't worrie, it's just me being ironic. :rolleyes:
Cheers 12 inch! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom