what made you frown today?

Indeed, you are not alone. It can be wretched. Seems everyone else in the world is blissfully slumbering. Damn them! :cool:
Not being able to sleep is often a symptom of having low levels of Magnesium. Taking a Magnesium pill or capsule an hour before you go to bed helps a lot of people.

It is important to take the right kind though as certain types of magnesium will lower your iron levels which leads to a "jumpy" heart and also ringing in the ears as if you have tinnitus.

https://authoritynutrition.com/magnesium-and-sleep/

Personally I take magnesium because it prevents me from having cramp in my toes when my water levels are low. I used to get cramp in one toe a lot especially after training but taking magnesium has helped.

Not being able to sleep is often a symptom of having low levels of Magnesium. Taking a Magnesium pill or capsule an hour before you go to bed helps a lot of people.

It is important to take the right kind though as certain types of magnesium will lower your iron levels which leads to a "jumpy" heart and also ringing in the ears as if you have tinnitus.

https://authoritynutrition.com/magnesium-and-sleep/

Personally I take magnesium because it prevents me from having cramp in my toes when my water levels are low. I used to get cramp in one toe a lot especially after training but taking magnesium has helped.

That explains why Poirot drinked hot chocolate before bed.

Well, you of all people deserve it. You laughed at dead children and refused to say "sorry" or anything nice for the Manchester bombings! Maybe deep down you know you did wrong and that's why you can't sleep.

I for one sleep perfectly - but then I do charity work and face down evil c----s like you.

Here is a mark of intelligence: See if you can work out why you can't sleep. Hint: you aren't right, you aren't normal in some way. Plenty of posters have pointed out you're a bad person.

I hope you never sleep again! You straight-up LAUGHED at dead children. No wonder your unconsciousness screws you over.
ugh, f*** off, urbanus

i have to buy new works pants. all of mine have raggedy bottoms, and have become so worn thin im always terrified they're going to rip. big sigh! not only is shopping for work clothes an uninspiring drag, im deeply resentful about having to spend money on work clothes. i put it off until i absolutely can put it off no longer (frankly, i dont know why they allow me to come to work wearing them in the state they're in. maybe they think if they say something ill cry?), and i am now sadly at that point. :(

i have to buy new works pants. all of mine have raggedy bottoms, and have become so worn thin im always terrified they're going to rip. big sigh! not only is shopping for work clothes an uninspiring drag, im deeply resentful about having to spend money on work clothes. i put it off until i absolutely can put it off no longer (frankly, i dont know why they allow me to come to work wearing them in the state they're in. maybe they think if they say something ill cry?), and i am now sadly at that point. :(

Come on Rifke, you work at an artshop, or gallery, so I guess it is not that formal and that it could be the reason nobody said anything about it. Buy some really nice heavy duty jeans which can endure more and which you can also wear outside working hours. Maybe very dark blue type of jeans, almost black.
Then you wouldn't hate to pay for the working pants cause you'd like them to wear outside your work too!

Come on Rifke, you work at an artshop, or gallery, so I guess it is not that formal and that it could be the reason nobody said anything about it. Buy some really nice heavy duty jeans which can endure more and which you can also wear outside working hours. Maybe very dark blue type of jeans, almost black.
Then you wouldn't hate to pay for the working pants cause you'd like them to wear outside your work too!
not allowed to wear jeans :(

not allowed to wear jeans :(

What? In an artshop or gallery?
Are there any clothing rules for the artists that made the stuff you are selling, too?
Here in Holland there are of course some posh art galleries too but even the people working there are mostly very free in there clothing choice and jeans of all types are allowed. Not completely ripped to pieces of course.
Many girls that work there as they are mostly girls do have an artistic and more or less eccentric look that fits perfectly well with the environment.
If they want you to dress to the occasion and they make the rules they should give you the money or at least a percentage to buy your working clothes.
WTF is that in Canada? :crazy:

What? In an artshop or gallery?
Are there any clothing rules for the artists that made the stuff you are selling, too?
Here in Holland there are of course some posh art galleries too but even the people working there are mostly very free in there clothing choice and jeans of all types are allowed. Not completely ripped to pieces of course.
Many girls that work there as they are mostly girls do have an artistic and more or less eccentric look that fits perfectly well with the environment.
If they want you to dress to the occasion and they make the rules they should give you the money or at least a percentage to buy your working clothes.
WTF is that in Canada? :crazy:
it's totally unfair and old fashioned, isnt it?! but in practically every shop here you have to be wearing proper work pants or a work skirt. if i wore jeans they'd probably send me home. the only place i can think of where you're allowed to wear jeans is if you work in a video store. or maybe 7/11. :p
i agree, if they want me to adhere to their dress code they should pay for it :(

whhhhhhhhaaaat?! 12"! how can you say that?! :(
i dont know, i think it depends on the kind of jeans. if they fit well and are clean and not ripped or dragging on the ground i think it should be okay....

I tell you something.
In those art shops and galleries it is all about style.
Personal and informal.
Some girl might apply for the job and have all the qualifications as to sell art but they would not get the job.
The clients want somebody to have knowledge but above all to have a personality, to be interesting to talk to and they expect somebody who has affinity with art. You have to have a certain attitude.
I don't mean arrogance but the clients expect someone who is artistic themselves.

I tell you something.
In those art shops and galleries it is all about style.
Personal and informal.
Some girl might apply for the job and have all the qualifications as to sell art but they would not get the job.
The clients want somebody to have knowledge but above all to have a personality, to be interesting to talk to and they expect somebody who has affinity with art. You have to have a certain attitude.
I don't mean arrogance but the clients expect someone who is artistic themselves.
if that were the case here i never would've gotten the job. basically i show up to be surly and do the crossword.:lbf:

I don't mind being treated like shit by staff at an art gallery / shop (that's part of the allure), but I expect them to dress well. I guess black skinny jeans are acceptable, but blue jeans are a definite no-no.

Oh, BTW I read that COS just opened a store in Vancouver. I love their concept so much, they have such great, reasonably priced fashion. Gorgeous interior design as well.

Back
Top Bottom