what about wales and s.west country dates?

TOBIN

Cmon moz management you have covered everywhere else what about wales and south west of the country,,,,i am truly gutted,,,,120 miles is the nearest gig to me and thats the birmingham gig,,,,ringleader tour had a cardiff date why have we been ignored on this tour ? ,i would even be gratefull of a bristol date,,, steve.

I was thinking the same myself. Doesn't bother me being in Reading but seen him at Colston Hall Brizzol a couple of times and it was great.

I live in South Wales as well Tobin, and I've pretty much come to accept that going to see Morrissey demands I travel somewhere far away. Saw Morrissey first at MEN and bar the St Davids Hall Gig there havn't been any local ones as far as I remember since.

It's a shame really because there are a few really great venues around South Wales he could visit, some cool old miners theaters that would suit him down to the ground. Colston Hall in Bristol would be amazing, I don't think he's played there since '95 and only once before that solo in '92 (I'm guessing these are the ones mhicks remembers), then I think he's played Swansea once in '92 and Cardiff twice in '95 and the more recent St.Davids Hall gig. He just spreads himself stupidly thin in this area, maybe he thinks there is little demand? Anyway what I'm trying to say is that it's pretty unlikely unfortunately :(

I think you're complaining too much. 120 miles? That's walking distance in the US. Seriously, that's here to Milwaukee, which is really, really close. But then, your entire country is the size of my state. ;) Don't you guys have trains and stuff? We don't.

I can only imagine if he was playing Chicago, and Milwaukee, and Peoria, and Springfield, and Champaign, and St. Louis and Carbondale. Oh, and Indianapolis, too.

You've never been on a First Great Western train have you???

You can easily pay £140 for a return to London from Cardiff (about 150 miles) and it will probably be about two hours late, worse still never turn up, you catch the next train, find out you don't actually have a seat and have to stand up for half of the journey then 'there are leaves on the track' and your Journey is delayed by another three quaters of an hour, then some nutter decides to start a fight with the ticket man and you have to wait for the transport police to turn up and do absolutely NOTHING to resolve the situation AND the seat you eventually find is covered in coca cola and dribble and if you're over about 5 foot tall you're bent double anyway also the last train back is 9:30pm (because if they went any later it'd be full of pissed up mentalists trying to eat the seats) So you have to Fork out £70 for a hotel room (rant over) .... alternatively you could catch the Megabus it takes about a week and there is a shortage of Oxygen, but it's only £1.50 each way :)

Anyway travelling across The UK can be a bit of a nightmare, I don't mind so much for The Moz, but I can understand why Tobin is a bit put out.

Back
Top Bottom