were to stay in chicago??

oddballs

we are gonna drive in from tulsa to the show and have been trying to find hotels motels in the area of the show but a lot of them are extended stay or are mens type week to month lodging and seem maybe a bit scetchy or maybe not ?thats why im here to ask were is a good place to get a room close to the venue thats not gonna end up in a realy bad part of town?i really dont mind but my better half is a little more traveled in bigger citys than i am so thats why im asking here.any help or info will be really appreciated.

I highly recommend the W Hotel City Center. I stayed there in July and had an amazing time. The staff and service were excellent. Its not exactly walking distance to the Aragon, but it is two blocks from Sears Tower and about five from Millenium park. I had the best french toast at their restaurant and the room was so beautiful. There is also a great bakery around the corner that is very economical. So, if you're interested in doing more than just the concert, it would be perfect.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotels/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=97509

back during the 20 minutes I was seriously thining about going I had a hard time finding anything remotely reputable within walking distance to the venue. The best I came up with was a B&B a few blocks away called the Inn on Early (esily found with a Google or Yahoo search,) which was about a mile or so away. Seemed nice. When I inquired, they only had one room left - and that was 10 days ago.

Otherwise, you should be looking at something on the north side of the city - but you'll be facing a decent walk or a short cab/train ride to get to the show.

For searching puposes on the travel sites, the closest "attraction" seemed
to be Wrigley Field.

Hi,
for those familiar with the area, i'm looking for a hotel thats walking distance to the venue. Thus, I want the chance to freshen up since i'll be in line since the morning. Thank you.

seriously, anything within walking distance, stay away from. your best bet is looking in lincoln park or wrigleyville. getting to the venue will take a matter of minutes by cab/car. taking the bus or train will take within fifteen minutes. for example, from the inn on diversy and clark, walk east about 3 blocks and take the broadway bus to lawrence and walk half a block west to the venue. from diversy to lawrence where the aragon is located, i can drive that in less than 5 minutes. bus will take 15. the area is improving, but there are a lot of shadey places in the area.

yeah, northside, Lincoln Park is your best bet, I used to live round there and it's lovely, with quite a few hotels such as Days inn/Quality inn and if you're looking for something really cheap but clean and decent there is The Arlington Hostel which I stayed in last month. You can catch the brown line downtown too for $1.75!!

i guess not. search the days inn chicago on lincoln park and the belden in lincoln park. both hotels are in nice areas and close to the venue. hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom