Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Nov 19, 2014.

By davidt on Nov 19, 2014 at 7:50 PM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Dhalluin
      Dhalluin
      Some other tweet reports

- - - Updated - - -

What happened in Lincoln ?
    2. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      Dunno, but I couldn't resist. :)
    3. Chickpea
      Chickpea
      I'm so confused about these quotes from Gustavo. He came out and said all that on stage?
    4. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      Was it Lincoln where they shouted out "Boring!" when he talked about the drive and he thought they meant him? It might have been Goosefat, Wyoming. One of those mid-Western towns.
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Nope. Clover Dean, Moz's number 1 LA stalker is friends with him on Facebook and she decided to tweet the private conversation they had on FB.
    6. eugenius
      eugenius
      I don't even think he was provoked, that's the problem. From everything we've read here so far, there's a consensus that Morrissey asked his audience a question, he got dozens of responses, and in those responses, he misinterpreted something that he thought was an insult.

"We miss you in Old Trafford?" "Just say it?" It was hardly 'Fuck off, ya old cunt.'

Whatever it was, it was very benign -- nothing a seasoned lead singer couldn't just brush off and continue with the show. Getting hit with a plastic cup of beer or a shoe, OK, I can see how a delicate hothouse flower such as Morrissey would storm off the stage. But to take his ball and leave because he may or may not have heard something that sounded like an insult? For fuck's sake, that's a move that singers like Celine Dion or Mariah Carey would pull.
    7. Eric Hartman
    8. Chickpea
      Chickpea
      :straightface: Oh.
    9. bored
      bored
      Fuck EVERYTHING about this.
      If that's what happened that's a fucking joke.

1 rude comment means everyone else has to suffer?

Maybe on a nightly basis someone will say something rude and the shows will be 4 or 5 songs long at most.
    10. Dhalluin
      Dhalluin
      Our singer loves so much to sing about gangs, crime, criminals... And get offended about a slight remark from the audience.

Come on Mozz, there is smthg wrong, really. A concert is not a sleeping thing, no ?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe someone shouted something in Polish and he understood it the wrong way ? :paranoid::paranoid:
    11. danieldwilliams
      danieldwilliams
      Hey, on the bright side, this is the fastest the post show forum has filled up after any of this tours gigs :D
    12. bored
      bored
      I was thinking the bright side was the audience was spared listening to Meat is Murder.... AGAIN.
    13. Irish Budd
      Irish Budd
      Can anyone confirm what time he came on stage at? I'm going to Krakow and I've been told these concerts are starting early.
      Cheers
    14. Dhalluin
      Dhalluin
      A kind of record !

But as we say in my country : "No one likes to talk about the trains that arrived on time"

- - - Updated - - -

Almost the same time he left the stage :D

- - - Updated - - -

No : seeing those images again (the song is nice, no ?)
    15. Kewpie
      Kewpie
    16. Sambantam82
      Sambantam82
      ...I would really defend Moz to the hilt if anyone did say anything offensive to him but really from being there you could see his expression and body language change the second someone shouted 'just say it'. Morrissey was expecting everyone to be hanging from his every word and when this clown shouted 'just say it' it killed the mood and killed the moment. I am convinced this is what made Morrissey take his bat and ball home, which if that is the case is a very very sorry state of affairs. I will delay passing judgment until more is said about this episode. I have been looking forward to this gig for ages and I am gutted. However, my frustrations lie with Morrissey rather than the irrelevant clown in the audience.
    17. Dhalluin
      Dhalluin
      Morrissey should have been above all this. really.

It's anormal to cancel a gig just because of one complete idiot person.
    18. Irish Budd
      Irish Budd
    19. floodzonex
      floodzonex
      If there is a refund, then Morrissey just lost a decent amount of cash. In the US, for a 2000 seat hall he is asking about 45,000 right now. I feel bad for the band as this is how they make a living. Giving up a paid show has got to sting.
    20. Sambantam82
      Sambantam82
      Absolutely. I wouldn't even go as far to call the person completely idiotic - maybe just drunk and over excited.

...Performing the last song with his back to the audience was very very sad and really left me feeling gutted walking home!