Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Nov 19, 2014.

By davidt on Nov 19, 2014 at 7:50 PM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Chickpea
      Chickpea
      I'm really sorry—I would be upset, too.

I wonder if there was more to it than was apparent.
    2. Dhalluin
      Dhalluin
      There's no excuses for doing this. So sad for our polish friends !
    3. Kewpie
      Kewpie
      This info was posted by a Polish user and tonight's show started as it stated.
      Until 23rd November there is no support act, hence the promoter warned gig-goers.
    4. Dhalluin
      Dhalluin
      That's the way I except him to react, especially after receiving something in the face. This is intelligent.

Tonight was stupid, really.
    5. Billtwasreallynowt
      Billtwasreallynowt
      In Ireland, a ticket is roughly £50 - so, 2000 of those bad boys = £100,000. POW!

On a sidenote - is anyone really at all surprised that Morrissey is capable of throwing his toys out of the pram? In his 50s? This is still seen as a shock?
      Decent enough setlist for a 7 song gig though, right? :)
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I do wonder if something else happened. I wonder if he was in a good mood when he took the stage?

There's some sad photos of teenagers at the venue on IG. Some of those young fans really love him and save up to see him once and are met with this.
    7. Sambantam82
      Sambantam82
      It would much easier to bare if there was. I can only go on how it looked from where I was. To me it definitely looked like he reacted to the 'just say it'.
    8. eugenius
      eugenius
      Several hundred people with cellphones, half of them recording this gig, and not one video of the offending incident yet?

The jury is out until someone posts a clip.
    9. Dhalluin
      Dhalluin
      I suppose we will rapidly see some of them
    10. SoVeryEntertainig
      SoVeryEntertainig
      I don't even feel very upset. He's got hir rights, he's not a seal to perform.
      The best thing is I was happy to see him in such good condition, his voice sounding better than ever. It was supposed to be an excellent gig, and therefore I do feel slightly disappointed, though.

I still love you, I still love you
      Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to ;)

I can't go to Kraków. I wander what is it going to be like.
    11. floodzonex
      floodzonex
      The 45K is just his guarantee. The club is taking the rest of the ticket sales
    12. eugenius
      eugenius
      You're wrong. He approved this concert. He sold tickets to fans that were under the assumption that they were going to see a concert for an hour or so. He didn't deliver. He didn't break a law by cancelling, but he has now put a lot of people (promoters, vendors, fans, etc.) in the position of recovering their losses.

He may not be a seal, but unlike a seal, Morrissey had a choice to accept this gig (and the tour as a whole). If he can't fulfill his contractual obligations, he needs to stop touring.
    13. EarlG5
      EarlG5
    14. SoVeryEntertainig
      SoVeryEntertainig
      He seemed to be in a very good mood, trying to speak Polish (which is, as you probably know, a superpower ;)), the gig was great until than.
      I was on the other side (it happened on Bozz's side, I always take Jesse's) so I didn't hear what was said.
      But in no way did I see Moz willing to end the gig. It was far beyond him, I guess.
    15. JoanOfArc
      JoanOfArc
      Hejka szkoda ze nie bedziesz w Krakowie.Gdzie ty bylas??Nie widzialam cie niegdzie!

- - - Updated - - -

Slyszalas co bylo jakis debil sie wymądrzal na temat spiewu.Debilizm!!!
    16. Sambantam82
      Sambantam82
      This was the worst part! You are right - he was in a radiant mood. He looked like he really wanted to interact and enjoy himself ...but... the mood changed very quickly as soon as the 'just say it' comment was made. It was like a switch flicked. It really pi**ed him off!
    17. Anonymous
    18. Irish Budd
      Irish Budd
      Kewpie please take your time and read the following carefully. I know a Polish user posted the info but the info was posted last night and since then the thread you posted a link to has not been updated. As I have said already, I was looking for confirmation that the show did start at the time stated preferably by someone that was actually at the concert. It's been years since I posted on this website until yesterday and you're the main reason why, with your sarcastic comments getting in the way of any genuine fan who might be looking for help. Glad to see you haven't changed! Can you please refrain from replying to future posts I make. Thank you.
    19. Kewpie
      Kewpie
      I advise you to send a PM to users who actually had been to tonight's show.
      Clearly they are still in shock what happened, so don't bother to reply to your post.
      Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    20. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      He is literally lots of people. Whatever that person said struck a nerve that nobody here can rationally understand. He's a thug one minute and the abused the next, he can't help it. He's a ghost mansion. Then the comment was likely exaserbated by the lyrics of Staircase and he got freaked out and flew. (It's eerie reitterating your own point.) He's a bird, he doesn't always fight. Give him a break. I'm still trying to figure out what they said. SHit I'm still trying to figure out what timezone he's in, lol.

Meanwhile massive electrical problems in cars and home on this end. Trying to solve them!!!!!
      Last edited: Nov 19, 2014