Urgent help needed

Tbevie

Girl afraid
I just received this email for David Tseng (see below) but unfortunately I’m a very shy person and I hate speaking over the phone so I really don’t think I’d make a very good job of this but I think it would really help the campaign so I was wondering if someone, who’s supporting the Download campaign, would consider doing this interview.

E-mail:

hello!

I am from the Austrian Broadcasting Cooperation and we would like to do an interview per phone with you about the subject of getting Morrissey into the GB charts.
but it’s urgent! should be recorded today!
best regards
judith gruber

----------------------------------------------------------
radio FM4
austrian broadcasting coorperation (ORF)
vienna

mag. art. judith gruber
e-mail: [email protected]

Last edited:
I just received this email for David Tseng (see below) but unfortunately I’m a very shy person and I hate speaking over the phone so I really don’t think I’d make a very good job of this but I think it would really help the campaign so I was wondering if someone, who’s supporting the Download campaign, would consider doing this interview.

E-mail:

hello!

I am from the Austrian Broadcasting Cooperation and we would like to do an interview per phone with you about the subject of getting Morrissey into the GB charts.
but it’s urgent! should be recorded today!
Please contact me under: 0043-676-32 37 000
best regards
judith gruber

----------------------------------------------------------
radio FM4
austrian broadcasting coorperation (ORF)
vienna

mag. art. judith gruber
tel: 0043-676-32 37 000
e-mail: [email protected]

Might I suggest Morrissey the 23rd, who has the gift of the gab, he's in the pictionary corner just now.

They probably wouldn't be able to understand your Scottish accent. ...I aren't being mean, they probably wouldn't be able to understand my Yorkshire one. They learn American English, don't they? Anyway, I think it would be FOOLISH to let an opportunity like this go to waste: if you don't get any volunteers (with RP!), you should just do it anyway, for sure.

I have just spoken to Judith's PA. They really wanted somebody to be available earlier this afternoon, but may put the item back until early tomorrow morning.

I have said that I am happy to talk live on air tomorrow morning if necessary (well, I am a lawyer and public speaking is what I do, and I can even do it (partly) in German!), but if the consensus is that Morrissey the 23rd (or anyone else for that matter) would be a better spokesperson, I am happy to stand aside.

They probably wouldn't be able to understand your Scottish accent. ...I aren't being mean, they probably wouldn't be able to understand my Yorkshire one. They learn American English, don't they? Anyway, I think it would be FOOLISH to let an opportunity like this go to waste: if you don't get any volunteers (with RP!), you should just do it anyway, for sure.

but there are a lot of different areas in Scotland and I have no trouble recognising what most of them have to say. What should it matter what the accent is anyway?

I am a great phone conversationalist. Yeah. 2 months it took me to call everybody from Sanctuary and get press passes for Pasadena...2 months...!!!!

Most call centre are based in Scotland because the accent is understood and like by generally all. I've a LOT of experience and am willing and able. I've also been trying to get Pigsty into the charts since before Christmas and have been behing the campaign from the start. It was I who called NME for example. Not begging but the cause is important to me and I know I'm capable.

Most call centre are based in Scotland because the accent is understood and like by generally all. I've a LOT of experience and am willing and able. I've also been trying to get Pigsty into the charts since before Christmas and have been behing the campaign from the start. It was I who called NME for example. Not begging but the cause is important to me and I know I'm capable.

Promise I wont say behing on air. *behind

but there are a lot of different areas in Scotland and I have no trouble recognising what most of them have to say. What should it matter what the accent is anyway?

...cos for the people listening to this interview, english will be their second, maybe third, maybe fourth, whatever, language. imagine your third language. then imagine it being spoken in some mad accent you've never heard before! exactly

I have just spoken to Judith's PA. They really wanted somebody to be available earlier this afternoon, but may put the item back until early tomorrow morning.

I have said that I am happy to talk live on air tomorrow morning if necessary (well, I am a lawyer and public speaking is what I do, and I can even do it (partly) in German!), but if the consensus is that Morrissey the 23rd (or anyone else for that matter) would be a better spokesperson, I am happy to stand aside.

I've been at work all day so I just checked my e-mail about half an hour ago. Hopefully they will put it back until tomorrow.

Who ever wants to do it will be fine with me :)

...cos for the people listening to this interview, english will be their second, maybe third, maybe fourth, whatever, language. imagine your third language. then imagine it being spoken in some mad accent you've never heard before! exactly

Assuming the interview will be in English, why would anybody listen to a radio station which wasn't in their first, maybe 2nd language? If the person is well spoken there is no need to call it a "mad accent" either.

Assuming the interview will be in English, why would anybody listen to a radio station which wasn't in their first, maybe 2nd language? If the person is well spoken there is no need to call it a "mad accent" either.

wot? you think the austrian broadcasting corporation broadcasts in english?lol. i think it's that every other european country contrasts sharply with britain's island mentality and most people have at least some grasp of a foreign language. you know, safe to assume they'd understand a minute or two on the radio. or maybe it'll get translated, i dunno. f*** me, i was making a helpful suggestion. it IS a mad accent. i speak in a mad accent too, hence my not shoving myself forward to do this. i will stop being helpful now. hey, maybe we should send someone on who's just had major orthodontic work this afternoon!! good ol' austrians, they understand english spoken in any ol' way, right?

Yes when I've spoken to germans and others, they get confused because I say bath instead of barth. I mean i can't understand southerners/scottish etc sometimes, they've got no chance.

Yes when I've spoken to germans and others, they get confused because I say bath instead of barth. I mean i can't understand southerners/scottish etc sometimes, they've got no chance.

Whao, careful. You do know it's racist to point out that non-native speakers of English have problems with our regional accents? :D

As previously indicated, I would be able to conduct at least part of the interview in German.

My legal training has helped me to become a confident, articulate and eloquent orator (albeit with a hint of a Merseyside accent!).

However, in spite of the fact that the foregoing may make me sound like an arrogant twat (which I can assure you I am not), I remain at heart the same awkward, self-deprecating person I was when I first discovered the Smiths as a 13 year-old back in 1984.

But, as I have said, if everyone feels that someone else would be able to further the cause better than I can, I am happy to fall on my sword.

wot? you think the austrian broadcasting corporation broadcasts in english?lol. i think it's that every other european country contrasts sharply with britain's island mentality and most people have at least some grasp of a foreign language. you know, safe to assume they'd understand a minute or two on the radio. or maybe it'll get translated, i dunno. f*** me, i was making a helpful suggestion. it IS a mad accent. i speak in a mad accent too, hence my not shoving myself forward to do this. i will stop being helpful now. hey, maybe we should send someone on who's just had major orthodontic work this afternoon!! good ol' austrians, they understand english spoken in any ol' way, right?

well you didn't say they'd have to speak German. In which case, does it matter which English/Scottish accent they have? If you speak slowly, people will understand what you are saying in any accent.

As previously indicated, I would be able to conduct at least part of the interview in German.

My legal training has helped me to become a confident, articulate and eloquent orator (albeit with a hint of a Merseyside accent!).

However, in spite of the fact that the foregoing may make me sound like an arrogant twat (which I can assure you I am not), I remain at heart the same awkward, self-deprecating person I was when I first discovered the Smiths as a 13 year-old back in 1984.

But, as I have said, if everyone feels that someone else would be able to further the cause better than I can, I am happy to fall on my sword.

Thanks a lot for offering Evil Legal Eagle, but I have contacted Morrissey the 23rd and He/she is willing to do the interview.

Thanks again anyway :)

well you didn't say they'd have to speak German. In which case, does it matter which English/Scottish accent they have? If you speak slowly, people will understand what you are saying in any accent.

Haha oh yes. The English way of speaking to foreigners. I do love it. VERY LOUDLY AND VERY SLOWLY. I'd love it if I was in Portugal and some Portugese woman started bellowing at me as if I was deaf or dumb or both.

And what are you talking about? I never mentioned German. Apart from to the bozo who PM'd me trying to tell me I'm racist because I made the factual statement that people who do not speak English as their first language find British variations hard to understand - just as I find German variations hard to understand.

Back
Top Bottom