The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 135: PAINT A VULGARE PICTURE

How do you rate Paint A Vulgar Picture?

• Total voters
Love it, a 10 from me.

In my heart I begged "Take me with you ...
I don't care where you're going..."

Don't we all feel like that towards Morrissey. I think so!

Exactly. He has gone from yearning to be that groupie who just knows this superstar would love him if only he noticed him, to being the superstar now. I also love his savage attack on the music industry (yes he has been hypocrite by releasing World of Morrissey and such) but he did feel passionate enough to write the song. It only shows - gasp - he's human after all.

Vauxhall

The lyrics are vicious, hilarious and poignant, all the classic ingredients, and this is why it has always been one of my very favourite Smiths songs. I was at Battersea when our man did it in '97...my heart skipped a beat when I heard that stop-start intro...and I felt sure I was about to end up with a warm, sticky goo in my Calvin Kleins.

Could we lose the E ?

I'd like to buy this vowel. E for Error. Premature clickulation. I voted 7 and it should be a solid 9er.

Not their best, but even at that it's worth an 8.
Very clever lyrically, I think. I particularly love the expression 'danced my legs down to my knees'. Go moz :)

Last edited:
Agh! I gave this a 4 by accident. DAMN MINE FINGERS! I meant a 9.

:p LOL Don't feel bad...when you bumped this thread up I realized that I had never voted for this song. I went to click on it and my PC is spazzing out...hit a 6...shoulda been an 8!
Fortunately, the fact that almost 70 people voted 10 for this tune balances our votes out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom