The Godfather Of Emo?

i really do not like FOB MCR etc etc bc all their stuff sounds the same and they are truly very packaged groups, not much different from nsync or britney spears, quite merchandisable, kind of misses the mark art wise IMHO but if you like them I'm not going to rip you apart for it. But i really dislike them.

If it makes anyone feel better i like all american rejects, at least, two of their songs, though they are no better than FOB. And I still like Nelly's 'country grammar', and old phill collins stuff! so there's some embarrassing truths.

we should probably let this thread die because everytime i see the statement calling moz 'the godfather or emo' i die a little inside.

ok not one of these stereotypes is correct. the reason i keep on replying to this thread is cause i listened to this music growing up 10 years ago... and the word emo(tional) is being attached to this garbage...
dont get me wrong i like mcr, some fob etc but its not emo music its pop music..everything today is NOT emo music. dashboard confessional used to be considered an emo band now its just pop music. i would say that was def the end when he was on mtv and played that whole "unplugged" set. i hate how emo, punk, hxc and the skateboard tattoo lifestyle got turned into the hip cool thing. i dont even tell people what i listen to anymore cause I get people thinking oh he must cut himself, oh weres his tight jeans black shirt an hair cut. you probably wouldnt even know i listen to any of that music by looking at me well besides my tattoos which i try to hide because if not i get everyone tryin to talk to me about miami ink or something. just cause you have a kanji, tribal or whatever hip at the time tattoo, does not mean we are down. leave me the F alone!
sorry for blowing haha im goin to work

I think we can Blame MTV for this. I HATE Mtv. and all people who watch it so often that they're brainwashed by all the half naked ass n tits shaking, or kids in hot topic clothes trying too hard, and think its so cool.

I think we can Blame MTV for this. I HATE Mtv. and all people who watch it so often that they're brainwashed by all the half naked ass n tits shaking, or kids in hot topic clothes trying too hard, and think its so cool.

MTV is a joke...It died when they started playing Michael Jackson videos

Wow, some real gems in there! I listen to tons of stuff.. the only things I really really cannot bear is rap and hip-hop. I like..

The Beatles
Amy Winehouse
Bob Dylan
The Long Blondes
The Clash
The Jam
Leonard Cohen
Pulp
Smiths/Moz
Kate Bush
Blondie
Oasis
Suede
James
The Stone Roses
New Order
Joy Division
The Cure
The Kinks
Paul McCartney
Radiohead
Queen
Kings of Leon
David Bowie
Sparks
Simon & Garfunkel

and on and on and on..... :D
WOW. Rap and hip hop? I thought they were the same... Nevermind, I don't like that music either.
Wow, what a fine range in musical taste you have:) Some of those i have never listened to, but i thin ki will check some of them out.

Two big smilies for Slummy and Amy :):)

Actually, they didn't start until 82 or 83....

How long has MTV been around? My family didn't get cable until 1983, so I assumed MTV was still new then. I remember when the long "Thriller" video was such a big deal. Even I liked it, and I was a total U2 freak at that age.

started in 1981, with buggles 'video killed the radio star'.
i guess i was about 6 months old. we never had cable anyway.

Copied and pasted from my Facebook. Other music likes of mine:

Morrissey, The Smiths, Brand New, Starting Line, The Ataris, Something Corporate, Patti Smith, The Blood Brothers, The Receiving End Of Sirens, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, October Fall, Archie Star, AFI, Thrice, Fall Out Boy, Bright Eyes, Young Love, Eight Hour Company, Kristeen Young, Billy Talent, Anberlin, Acceptance, The Academy Is..., Finch, Alexisonfire, and countless similar others

started in 1981, with buggles 'video killed the radio star'.
i guess i was about 6 months old. we never had cable anyway.

Yeah....I was 7...Didn't see MTV til 1984...

Copied and pasted from my Facebook. Other music likes of mine:

Morrissey, The Smiths, Brand New, Starting Line, The Ataris, Something Corporate, Patti Smith, The Blood Brothers, The Receiving End Of Sirens, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, October Fall, Archie Star, AFI, Thrice, Fall Out Boy, Bright Eyes, Young Love, Eight Hour Company, Kristeen Young, Billy Talent, Anberlin, Acceptance, The Academy Is..., Finch, Alexisonfire, and countless similar others

I always thought that I have unique musical tastes. Other groups such as R.E.M., New Order, T-Rex, etc.

Even one of my favorites -- The Durutti Column. Now that's a genre in itself.

Back
Top Bottom