The Creative Independent: "Musician Johnny Marr on enjoying the process no matter the outcome" (February 19, 2024)

Morrissey was much better without Marr
Johnny Marr was always courting music industry types like Bryan Ferry, David Byrne and later the Pet Shop Boys and New Order. The Smiths were supposed to be sealed in a vacuum from all the music industry dross around them but Johnny obviously thought he was "rock star". He obviously still wants to be a rock star as evidenced when he joined those mediocrities The Cribs.

I'm not a musician nor do I know much about music production but the Smiths LPs sound so dated now. I'd rather listen to any 90s Morrissey albums than the Smiths and even some of his albums from 10s.

Johnny Marr was always courting music industry types like Bryan Ferry, David Byrne and later the Pet Shop Boys and New Order. The Smiths were supposed to be sealed in a vacuum from all the music industry dross around them but Johnny obviously thought he was "rock star". He obviously still wants to be a rock star as evidenced when he joined those mediocrities The Cribs.

I'm not a musician nor do I know much about music production but the Smiths LPs sound so dated now. I'd rather listen to any 90s Morrissey albums than the Smiths and even some of his albums from 10s.

Yeah, that's why unlike Bryan Ferry or David Byrne, Morrissey is now held in such high regard whereas you never hear about the Smiths at all. Whatever happened to them?

Oh, LoveAgain boy
What drugs are you on?

The Smiths transports me to another world with no particular time/date or other music.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom