here's what im thinking of!

notorious
network
sunset boulevard
wrong move
the american friend
last year at Marienbad
I am curious blue

they moved the video store though, the jerks! so now I have to walk twice as far to get my fix! oh well, maybe it will make up for some of that nougaaaah I ate today.

MV5BMjEyNTM3MDQ2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDI5Nzk1NDM@._V1_.jpg

The international debut from swedish director Jesper Ganslandt features "Harry Potter" as a drug cartel pilot trying to make some money for his wife suffering from ovarian cancer discovered after a miscarriage.

This mostly plays out when he is flying a plane to Mexico but I liked it although you cannot in any way compare this with the directors quite peculiar swedish movies in his earlier career but time will tell if he gets to do more movies like this. He is now filming a movie about two swedes that were captured some years ago when they ventured into an african war zone.

The movie is here for those who wants to watch it:

https://www5.123movie.cc/movies/beast-of-burden/

Hit openload server under the screen.

Harry Potter should have just strapped some kilos to his broomstick and skipped the airplane.

67583f8954df2e861fc465ffdd435f1a-mile22_poster.jpg

I should have known better than to watch a subspecies production but I wanted to see what happens when they offer an american all the rice fields they have and throw in some percentage from their sweatshops as well.

The result is awful simply cause these productions are a bit like being thrown back into the 90's and just a thing like a bleep and digital info screen in certain scenes makes the whole thing feel cheap and dated.

I know they love their martial arts and that but no one is impressed with that and the point with it was not to kill and hurt people but become all focused and in tune with yourself, yeah right, we fell for that one like we fell for their toxic food.

No one wants to see martial arts and no one has any use of it in a world where every Tom and Charlie is tooled up and able to kill you if they sneeze. This story is all over the place and the action is unbearable and they really must stop doing movies like this.

I thought Mark Wahlberg of all people had some dignity but I guess the market for actors is slim these days meaning they need to say yes to something like this playing this passive aggressive loser. I think my old work colleague who is related to Mark feels ashamed of him after this and might think about changing his surname.

Come to think of it I deny that I ever worked with someone related to him.

Mark Wahlberg had dignity? When was that? Every movie he's in is shit and that's not even mentioning Marky Mark.

so this is what I ended up getting!

wrong move
the American friend
shanghai express
last year at Marienbad
the last days of disco
Gertrud
sunset boulevard
(you get a deal if you get seven movies for a week, im tired of explaining this to you people)

I wonder if neil and I will be watching the same thing again?!

wrong move
the American friend
shanghai express
last year at Marienbad
the last days of disco
Gertrud
sunset boulevard
(you get a deal if you get seven movies for a week, im tired of explaining this to you people)

You two are like twins ;)

View attachment 46791
not just bad, but historically inaccurate in a way that didn't even drive the plot better o_O
D-

It's exhausting to see how many films and tv series try to rewrite history or erase a huge part of history. Even more, sometimes they totally change history. We already know that what we call history is just an interpretation of facts made by some people, but that doesn't mean everybody is allowed to make a free version of everything and present it as history. Well...

Just watched Tarkovsky's Stalker.

Wow. Not sure what can be said about it.
For a three hour movie where almost nothing happens I was incredibly entertained the whole time.

Now to get back to the Ingmar Bergman's Cinema boxset.

Morrissey should do film.

For a three hour movie where almost nothing happens I was incredibly entertained the whole time.

I found it boring, but an interesting premise, and one of the most exhilarating endings in all of cinema

okay so I finished all my films! well, with the exception of 'the American friend' which I only watched half of, and which im not sure ill continue because so far im not that impressed, and since my time is limited i'd rather spend it rewatching last year at Marienbad. now for the boards edification I've decided to put them in order of which I liked best:

1) last year at Marienbad--this is likely going in my top ten films. poetic, haunting, and dazzlingly stylish.
2) sunset boulevard--I got a real kick out of norma desmond, at least in the beginning of the film. what a grand dame.
3) wrong move-- love the actor rudiger Vogler. loved this band of misfits.
4) Gertrud - don't know what to say about this one yet, but I really liked the actress who played Gertrud
5) shanghai express -- my first marlene dietrich film (other than 'just a gigolo'). in pictures I always thought she was kind of blah. but she was so mysteriously beautiful and alluring in this film. and the way she talked!
6) the last days of disco--took place in new York in the early 80;s but didn't really have an 80's new york feel. at least not the kind that I was looking for. too many boring unappealing people feature in it. chloe Sevigny is great as always, and fits in well with the 80s disco scene, but kate Beckinsale with her bland 90's face seem incongruous to the times. why is this a criterion film?
7) the American friend - eh

wrong move
the American friend
shanghai express
last year at Marienbad
the last days of disco
Gertrud
sunset boulevard

No one out excels you in taste.

I have The Virgin Spring laying right here in front of me now. And I always watch Fanny and Alexander during the holidays. What are you watching?

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom