"Spent The Day In Bed" - new single debuts on BBC Radio 2 / The Chris Evans Show (Sep. 19)

As always with these things, no one opinion is going to change anything. It's the meta-criticism, the accumulated body of opinion that will count when we look back in 5 years' time.

As with 'World Peace', the production sounds nice.
As to the song, it's very average for a lead-off single - it sounds like it would have been a B-side during previous years. Musically, it's very bland, and lyrically it doesn't have much to say - it's not awful, but I found myself getting tired of it halfway through.

For a first single, you want something like 'Irish Blood', or 'First of the Gang', that grabs you. This is pleasant, but forgettable elevator music.

I like it, simple but very catchy.Just wondering why he uses american pronunciation for the word news.

A bit better second listen but still shit.
I'm afraid some of us have to go out and work Moz.

Duck everyone, here comes Mr. Turd-Polisher.

Dear Moderator, be polite. We could look at the artefact this way: I think song is good /// You think song is not good. And that is all. No need to be vulgar.
After all, it is very beautiful day - with brand new Morrissey song.

Its no worse than the bullfighter dies or any of the shit from WPINOYB, Lyrically bland but he has been for years. It's catchy enough and bit of fun, i'm gonna roll with it.

Good song about taking a break for a day. I found it funny the way the laser effects fade in and the. Fade out as the song ends. Good beat and a good book

Listened to it a few times on the 6 Music Iplayer. The production, particularly the Casio keyboard, sounds a bit underwhelming.

Reminds me of his appearance on Desert Island Discs. Didn't he pick a bed as his luxury?.

Duck everyone, here comes Mr. Turd-Polisher.

I'm with Vegan on this one. Wonderful song. Original lyrics. Voice perfect. Funny. Melodic. The 'Time do as I wish part' is ace. Lovely pop song, a distant cousin to I Keep Mine Hidden.

You defer to the views of the television news
Let someone do your thinking for you
And you still buy a daily newspaper
And you find everything there but the news

I really enjoyed it. Catchy melody and a very important message: it's not funny out there, STAY IN. He often uses more lightweight, throwaway tracks for the singles - like Kiss Me a Lot, You're the one for me fatty, Sing your life etc. I'm optimistic for this album and hoping for a couple of torch songs to go along with the more poppy fare. I don't mind the artwork either - silly, shocking, unexpected.

Back
Top Bottom