"Spent The Day In Bed" - new single debuts on BBC Radio 2 / The Chris Evans Show (Sep. 19)

i hope his next song is called "spent the day blazer shopping (with rifke)"!

only the usual suspects on here wont like it,if it had smiths printed on the label it would be glorious.

First thought is that it's quite forgettable - but I will give it more listens. I hope this is not the strongest song on the new album.

I was expecting much worse based on the comments here. I'm glad you all dampened my expectations because it made the song easier to swallow on first listen. It's certainly not his best, the lyrics are lazy, but it has got me excited for the album. It could be worse, it could be U2.

Terrible. Total disappointment.
The decline which been happening has plummeted even further.

Just heard it on radio 6 and it sounds pretty good. It's certainly not at all how I expected it to sound, but I'm not complaining! It'll probably grow on me even more with a few more listens, but so far I really like it and there are some interesting lyrics :)

Even when anon you're a tiresome c***.
Try engaging with the topic and not the person posting information - it makes you look less f***ed up & less like a targeting troll. The only person's motives that are clear here are yours.
Haven't you got some spiders to pull legs off?
Try judging yourself before judging others twatwaffle - else the next button you push might be a detonator (hopefully).
YAWN.

Last edited:
Dodgy tuning job on one of the "beds" in the first verse. Thought that was more Drake's thing, but here we are, I suppose.

Now the important question: where the f*** is Boz?! Are we certain he wasn't trying to saying "No Boz" at the end there? Ominous

Well, I rather enjoyed it. It sounds fresh, catchy, contemporary; perhaps even something of a "new direction" to my ears. I hope the new album is more of the same.

1. My Love, I’d Do Anything For You
  2. I Wish You Lonely
  3. Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up On The Stage
  4. Home Is A Question Mark
  5. Spent The Day In Bed
  6. I Bury The Living
  7. In Your Lap
  8. The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel
  9. All The Young People Must Fall In Love
  10. When You Open Your Legs
  11. Who Will Protect Us From The Police
  12. Israel

Nice song, sounds fresh, and thankfully chug-rock free. Some thoughtful couplets. Like the lyrics about the news contriving to frighten you - very 2017. Not so keen on the boss/bus bit at the end but a minor quibble.
Hard to know how well it will do. It lacks a big singalong chorus. Maybe they're holding back a more anthemic song until closer to the album's release.

I think it sounds a bit like IF YOU DONT LIKE THEN DONT LOOK AT ME,then again I was still half sleeping at the time,has anyone tried the allaccess site to see if its available to download,evans said it was out at8.30.

As a huge fan for decades, this song is really bad. Music is below average and the lyrics are dreadful and boring. We know you don't like the news, Moz! If you like this, you are either a very new fan to the world of Morrissey, you are tone deaf, or you are desperately hanging onto the threads of what once was. I really was hoping to like it. Truly disappointed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom