'Seasick...' on 'Beethoven...'

ordinaryboy

am i really so strange?
Carrying on from my JtR on BwD thread, here are some more musings. I never really liked the studio version of Seasick... but the one on Beethoven is so good! The guitars have a much nicer tone, the studio ones are too tingy (I think I made that word up) and Morrissey absolutely howls the vocals in a way that he doesn't do on the studio version. I always thought the song was overrated but the version on BwD is just excellent!

:)

Carrying on from my JtR on BwD thread, here are some more musings. I never really liked the studio version of Seasick... but the one on Beethoven is so good! The guitars have a much nicer tone, the studio ones are too tingy (I think I made that word up) and Morrissey absolutely howls the vocals in a way that he doesn't do on the studio version. I always thought the song was overrated but the version on BwD is just excellent!

:)

Agree... although I did like the studio version it always seemed to wash over my brain whilst it waited for something else to listen to but i remember hearing it on Beethoven for the first time and it stopped me in my tracks. (I was making dinner at the time and ended up burning all the mince whilst listening to it)..beautiful vocals.
'We'll let you know' on Beethoven had exactly the same affect on me too.

Agree... although I did like the studio version it always seemed to wash over my brain whilst it waited for something else to listen to but i remember hearing it on Beethoven for the first time and it stopped me in my tracks. (I was making dinner at the time and ended up burning all the mince whilst listening to it)..beautiful vocals.
'We'll let you know' on Beethoven had exactly the same affect on me too.

HAHA, I totally know what you mean. The other day I was listening to Your Arsenal while cooking (not one of my favourites, I haven't listened to it for months) and when it got to Seasick, I asked my h to put up the volume cause I adored that song. He did and then he and his buddy continued chatting and giggling, so in the end I had to tell them: "Get out of my kitchen, I wanna be sad now!" :tears:
I just can't listen to that song as a background music, it needs a full concentration. Me thinks. :o

Back
Top Bottom