Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
You can see why team Cyrus doesn't want her brand associated with the bitter, barmy, old skinflint.

A dignified silence can, after a while, become counter productive.

There's nothing unprofessional about calling out someone's bullshit with actual evidence.

There's only one person who has gone down in my estimation due to the release of these emails, and it isn't Scott Rodger.

I'm not disagreeing but If i was a band or artist....I wouldn't touch this guy with a barge-pole.

I can't believe Morrissey is so stubborn sometimes even against his own interests. And why is he so obsessed with number one records and success, he's Morrissey for Christ's sake, he doesn't need that.

I totally believe Scott Rodger when he says that Moz is the only one to blame for the album being blocked, an album that judging by the 5 tracks I've heard so far could well be one of his very best.

Very sad and disappointing, I want to hear the *** album.

I'm surprised Morrissey would hinder the BOT release solely over the Veronica track. He's always proud of each new album, so to prevent BOT from being released due to the issue surrounding Cyrus's vocals on the track seems odd. After all - and it's clear from his statements - that each, or even any, release is important to him.

Perhaps there's been a misunderstanding/lack of communication and Morrissey is under the illusion this fault lies with Capitol when it is in fact him who is to blame. Perhaps he's been completely unaware this whole time.

Ideally he should issue a statement apologising for the error and negativity towards Capitol (if what Scott Rodger states is true) and return the fee given to him. He should then either re-record the backing vocals for Veronica or replace the track on the album with another, and look for another deal. This would be admirable and be seen as a good sign by the industry's big-wigs.

But then again, it is Morrissey...

I can't believe that Miley f&cking Cyrus is part of the reason that I can't hear a morrissey album. That being said, JUST PAY BACK THE ADVANCE!!!

facts of the case:

Eric Clapton played lead guitar on the Beatles song "While my Guitar Gently Weeps". He was never credited on the record, but everyone knew it was Clapton playing the lead riff. Not uncommon to be an uncredited artist for a number of reason.

Miley Cyrus (or her record company) asked to remain uncredited.

Morrissey posted on his website (along with Paul Joseph Watson videos) that Miley Cyrus was the guest vocalist on the record.

Columbia records CEO responded on the same day as the request was made that they would not clear Miley to be credited on the record.

Morrissey goes on for nearly 2 years that the CEO of Capitol was in essence holding up his record implying that she is biased against the content or song title which is about dead teenagers being killed in a terrorist attack at a concert in Manchester (Morrissey's hometown).

Morrissey deiced to bring back his old guitarist and cut a new record "Without Music the World Dies" to which no record company major or indie will touch with a ten foot pole.

Morrissey decides to fly a plane over Capitol records and blames the CEO of Capitol records directly for holding up his record. He goes on to target her on his Website.

His old agent (i guess he had enough) released email messages that state all Morrissey had to do was leave Miley uncredited or simply rerecord the track with someone even better. Also, Morrissey can return the small deposit fronted by Capitol for the record and Morrissey would once again own the record.

Miley Cyrus (most known for riding huge fake cocks on stage or shoving her pussy in your face) has never said a word.

Welcome to the world of Morrissey.

There appear to be 2 different but interconnected issues here:

1. Having or not having Miley credited on Veronica, single and associated album.
2. Either deleting Miley's backing vocals on Veronica or re-recording new backing vocals with another artist.

It seems that Moz is (reluctantly) content to accept 1 (for the obvious legal reasons), but he won't agree to 2 (for possible artistic reasons).
Is it possible that this whole thing has not been about Capitol at all, but has been about trying to put psychological pressure on Miley to change her mind and at least allow her uncredited backing vocals to be used?
If that is the case, too much time has passed now. It's over, as far as Miley's backing vocals on Veroncia are concerned. Let go, and move on, Mozzer.

I can't remember, but was there the same stand off with the record label when Sorrow Will Come In The End was left off the initial UK release of Maladjusted?

Good lord, looks like publicising the plane stunt on MC has backfired spectacularly.
I'd say it was a great success. It has brought the truth to light.

At this point Moz needs to just refund them their money, fix Veronica to make it legal to release and stop whining.

The claim was the record was 100% out of his control. Even if they had been sitting on it on purpose this suggests they are no longer doing that but if I had to bet on the truth it's that he could have bought it back at his cost any time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom