Saint In A Stained Glass Window (live) - Unofficial lyrics video

Maybe nothing happens next....means he prays for something and gets nothing.

Yes, that makes sense also.

But then what do you make of the lines that come right before it and after? Does it still fit?

I'm not sure Morrissey would consider himself a Catholic.

Raised as one, yes. But I don't think he has any belief in organised religion anymore, if he ever did.

Yes, I thought as much, in regards to organized religion.

But he still seems to believe in a jesus figure.

Yes this is what I thought at first.

But for a Catholic to say that there is no heaven, isn’t that a very atheistic statement
to make ?

It’s very contrary, to believe in a jesus figure, then claim that there is no heaven.

Yes, thought as much, makes sense, just trying to get other’s takes on it.
He is very contrary, he's praying to a god that he doesn't believe in. It's often what atheists find themselves doing when placed under pressure.

Not sure. Protest about not having his prays answered....death...but I might be trying too hard to make it fit.

As usual, maybe it’s sometimes best not to dissect a song too much, but this is a fan site.

The song’s a beauty, regardless.

Unless Jesus is being used as a metaphor.

Yes possibly. Did he use it before November in song?

As usual, maybe it’s sometimes best not to dissect a song too much, but this is a fan site.

The song’s a beauty, regardless.

Yes possibly. Did he use it before Yes, I Am Blind in song?
Jesus could just represent religion and it's teachings. I think he might be bitter about that.

I was so moved by this song last night at the Castro, with the backdrop, and enjoyed reading the comments here about its meaning

I agree that his mom's death must have been an inspiration for the song.

The best art materialises when we are at our lowest and most tortured. It seems to invariably be that way.

Great art tends to come from great suffering. I think that is most definitely the case here. His mother's passing being the primary concern.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom