ouija board

nikaisdead

hi! this is my first post! does anyone have any idea of why the song "Ouija Board" was changed? he's missing my favourite part! the one that says.. the table is rumbling, the glass is moving, no i was not pushing that time.. it spells S.T.E.V.E.N ?? THANKSSSSS

I have no idea, but I too think it was a horrible ide to remove those lines. .:crazy: Even the video (which is so adorable) features those lines literally. I'm so glad to have the original CD.

Last edited by a moderator:
He hasn't spoken officially about the change, but presumably he just regrets having alluded to his first name in a song.

Also, welcome to the forums :)

He's been omitting that part in concert for years, way before the Bona Drag reissue.

I really love that part. But maybe he feels like he's hammering home the point too hard with that last chunk of lines. Maybe he felt retrospectively that less is more.

hi! this is my first post! does anyone have any idea of why the song "Ouija Board" was changed? he's missing my favourite part! the one that says.. the table is rumbling, the glass is moving, no i was not pushing that time.. it spells S.T.E.V.E.N ?? THANKSSSSS

I like this part...
I really don't know why it was dropped out and I miss it.

Maybe.. only to say it was an edited version and sell more albums... joking around..

thank you!! let me tell you guys on march 3rd it was the first time i saw him live and i can tell it was the best day of my life! i hope he comes back to argentina! i just can forget his beautiful eyes! :)

I wonder wheather that edit has been done for the re-release or if it had been an alternate mix/edit from the Bona Drag days.

For those who may not know, this lyric change dates back to 2000, when he first played the song live in concert, on most dates during that year's tour.

It was not played again until last year.

Last edited:
That is one of my favorite parts of the song as well. I love the part in the music video where he falling away from the table. He looks so cute. :p

Back
Top Bottom