Viva Hate thread from another board

modrevolve

Standard Model
Interesting read..sorry if this has been discussed already. I don't read the board much anymore. The comment Morrissey is the new George Lucas made me laugh..

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=276934

"When EMI agreed to reissue the back catalogue , Viva Hate was meant to get a deluxe reissue, with or two bonus discs, including the full Wolverhampton gig. Plans were radically downscaled. "

"By the way, this is ALL Moz's doing, not the record company's.

"Kill Uncle, Your Arsenal and Vauxhall And I are due a reissue later this year. I really hope he doesn't mess with those, especially the last two, which are his best solo albums.

Again, these were meant to get deluxe versions, but they probably won't. "

Wonder how long before someone replies with a 'Vulgar Picture' quote? I'd prefer to leave those two behemoths as they were/are.

P.

Wonder how long before someone replies with a 'Vulgar Picture' quote? I'd prefer to leave those two behemoths as they were/are.

P.

The funny thing about Paint A Vulgar Picture is that Morrissey was actually predicting in that song what would happen to him, The Smiths, and the music industry.

And he was proven correct. Always amuses me when people quote it back at him.

The funny thing about Paint A Vulgar Picture is that Morrissey was actually predicting in that song what would happen to him, The Smiths, and the music industry.

And he was proven correct. Always amuses me when people quote it back at him.

It hasn't happened to him and he hasn't been proved to becorrect; he's hardly been passive in the process he has made it happen.

By all means reissue and re-package - but make the product better than the original - if the Hoffman thread is to be believed a bonus disc (presumably unreleased / demos / out takes or even just a collection of b-sides) plus the DVD of Wolverhampton would have made Viva Hate 2012 worth it, but as it is it will be worse than the original, I won't be bothering.

Dave

Didn't Mr. Reynolds confirm this several months ago?

By all means reissue and re-package - but make the product better than the original - if the Hoffman thread is to be believed a bonus disc (presumably unreleased / demos / out takes or even just a collection of b-sides) plus the DVD of Wolverhampton would have made Viva Hate 2012 worth it, but as it is it will be worse than the original, I won't be bothering.

Dave

Just wondering, why are those quotes being taken as fact, to the extent that they're published on the front page as legitimate news? Is the person they come from someone known to be taken seriously about these kinds of things?

In that interview with Street, the producer afirmed that his plain wasn't replace Ordinary Boys... and he'd like to make a deluxe edition.. but Morrissey didn't.

It hasn't happened to him and he hasn't been proved to becorrect; he's hardly been passive in the process he has made it happen.

Well, it has, and he has. These reissues would happen without his involvement anyway. He prefers to be involved - whether you like the results is an entirely different issue.

Just wondering, why are those quotes being taken as fact, to the extent that they're published on the front page as legitimate news? Is the person they come from someone known to be taken seriously about these kinds of things?

You are correct. I don't think its mentioned in that thread, but there's a few older Morrissey threads on that board where the exact poster said he either works for EMI or has a good friend who is real high up there (don't remember). He posts pretty regularly on anything Moz/Smiths related.

I'm quoting myself "I guess if you want unreleased demos, outtakes etc Morrissey is not very forthcoming. You'll have to track them down yourself.". That's gospel. Now go hunting! More or less everything is out there...

Back
Top Bottom