Ok- I've got front row tix for BOS show - what to expect

danacwt

Hi everyone:

I've NEVER been to a Morrissey show, so tomorrow night is going to be my first show, and I've got front row tickets. What should I expect? Am I going to be smooshed like in a mosh pit, or are people pretty respectable and polite in regards to those around them? I can't wait to be that close to the Man, but don't want to be pushed around and away from my seat by more energetic teeny boppers (no offense to the younger crowd) :) Any advice.... I'm an older fan and have been into him since The Smiths did the Meat is Murder album in the 80's.

if you're seated, then you should be fine. for every concert i go to i am always in the pit and i've never had a bad experience (mind you, i am a medium height 17 year old girl..so if someone wanted to crush me it wouldn't be that difficult...well...i'd fight back...but that's not the point!!!!). does your concert have a pit or is it all seated? because if it is seated...row one to four (or something like that) usually becomes the pit...in which case, i'd suggest you start lining up about 8-11 hours before the concert to ensure your front row position if that matters to you. i personally could never see a morrissey concert from any other place than front row against the barricade. it's the ultimate experience! nothing compares to it!!!!!

Well, no. If you have an assigned seat in the very front row, you can walk in two minutes before he goes on. You don't need to line up. That's for a general admission pit.

It's all assigned seats - no pit/general admission. So, if I get there and there is someone in my seat - I'm just going to have to kick them out! I can't see how people with assigned seats in rows 2-4 (or whatever) can move into the front row when they are assigned seats. does security do anything to help if someone is in our seats?

If you get there and soeone is in your seat, you don't have to confront them. Just grab an usher (there will be several guarding that section, most likely) and ask them to help you find your seat. They will handle it.

You are going to have such an awesome time... the first time I saw him live (just back in May) I stood and cried. The next time I was in the front row and it was incredible. He's... ah. You will love it.

I don't suggest you get there two minutes before he goes on, though. Kristeen Young, the opening act, is interesting at her worst and compelling at her best. Then there are all these videos that play on the screen between sets... it's part of the show, you don't want to miss it.

Well, no. If you have an assigned seat in the very front row, you can walk in two minutes before he goes on. You don't need to line up. That's for a general admission pit.

Just wanted to advise people that even though it's seated, oftentimes people will leave their seats and line up against the stage. Sometimes they are sent back to their seats, sometimes not. People who have no business being up against the stage (i.e., peeps without front row tickets) often insinuate themselves into this impromptu pit, so better show up BEFORE the intermission.

If you're like me and have trouble getting to places on time, aim to show up at the start of KY's set, and then you should arrive before the intermission. The intermission viddies are fun to watch, provided you have not been standing on your feet all day waiting for Morrissey and have not already seen the viddies more than 25 times.

First of all, well done on scoring a front row ticket!

Secondly, don't worry - if somebody is in your seat when you arrive, just ask an usher to have a quiet word with them. Generally, it's been my experience in seated gigs that the crowd is waiting and watching everyone... waiting for that first person to make a move towards the stage and then BOOM! There's a 10-second rush to the barrier. Get there for some of Kristeen Young's set (I don't know if you like her or not), and that way you won't be bamboozled out of a well-earned space on the barrier/stage!

Back
Top Bottom