New single - "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage"; first play on Jeremy Vine show

UPDATE Nov. 7:

Link to pre-order limited edition 7" (Dec. 8 release date) posted by an anonymous person:

Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage / You'll Be Gone (Live) - Norman Records

Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s On Stage is the second single to be taken from Morrissey's Low In High School album, his first since 2014, which is being met with a mix of excited anticipation and ambivalence. It will be backed with a live version of You’ll Be Gone. Limited edition 7” on the massive BMG label.

Now on YouTube and other streaming / download services. Link posted by Tbevie:

Also on Spotify as a single:

Jeremy Vine has announced via twitter:

1st play on his show tomorrow 12.00pm - 2.00pm

UPDATE 9:25 PM PT:

Some posts moved to the thread:

"Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage" - sleeve posted on @officialmoz / Twitter

41187_jackys_only_happy_sleeve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are strings? Brilliant! Can't wait to hear. Are they just filling in, in the background or are there clear violin (or whatever) melodies?

I've only had a chance to listen to it on shitty computer speakers so far, but it just sounds like synth strings. There are the same synth trumpets that were played live in the break section - I was hoping it was going to be real trumpet on the studio version.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if they're wrong.

#deadeyesandaplasticaxe
#daddytoldmetostandherelikethis
#bowelmoving
It must be my British sense of humor...
raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa-ca443f4786.3.jpg

See, this is where vocal inflection and body language is really handy.
Now don't you have anything better to do, like quietly tutting in a queue somewhere?

See, this is where vocal inflection and body language is really handy.
Now don't you have anything better to do, like quietly tutting in a queue somewhere?
Bloody hell, all this for a joke you obviously didn't get.

Where’s @BrummieBoy at? I’d be interested in reading his take on “JOHWSUOTS.” He wrote a rather thoughtful post on “I Wish You Lonely” a while back.

This is the new single? It’s Morrissey-by-numbers. A very sorry excuse for a song.

Highly forgettable.

What was it called again?

Is it me or all these songs lacking actual music? They’re all not terrible and have potential but it sounds like a series of beeps and bloops and fillers with strings and power chords . No melodic guitars , nothing that tears you down and sweeps you away. It’s all content at being a 6/10 . Can’t wait to buy it.

Well, having heard it, I can safely say that the production sucked the soul right out of this and turned it into a plodding thing, and the end is atrocious. Live, I was thrilled that Moz would allow an ending that sounds unhinged, but on the album it's so, so, so-so.

agree with this 100 percent . I don't like the production at all on any of the songs so far , didn't like World Peace production either , really wish he had not gone with this guy again . It's so soulless and sterile and all those squelchy key sounds are so desperately trying to be modern but actually sound really dated .

The song itself is pretty good though , Spent The Day In Bed i quite liked when I first heard but hate to say it has not aged well with me and I'm actually pretty bored of it now . Some have likened the sound to Bona Drag era but for me it definitely doesn't have the staying power of any of those songs which I can still play today. I fear that the production is going to kill for me some of the songs which could have been good , I adore My Love I'd Do Anything For You for example which potentially could be the best album opener since Far Off Places but I'm pretty sure the sanitised production is going to kill it . Shame

Just listened to it again. What a load of crap!

Poor music, poor lyrics, poor production.

Most shite Morrissey single yet! And I remember the days of “Roy’s Keen” and “That’s how people grow up.”

Dear Lord....

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom