Morrissey has come out?

RushHomeRuffian

Piece on the singer Mika at Out.com (American glossy gay mag) seems to think that Morrissey has come out as gay is to be compared with Elton John or George Michael:

'Is he being coy or calculating? Is he part of a new generation of artists who feel able to divorce their sexuality from their music, or does he reflect a more typical (and dispiriting) scenario? George Michael, Morrissey, and Elton John have all been here, coming out only after their careers had peaked or when events forced their hand. Is Mika just the 21st-century version of Mozza?'

Comments can be added to the end of the piece....

http://www.out.com/detail.asp?id=22629

I don`t mean to be horrid as its your first post but this is ancient ground.He`ll never reveal what he is EVER.And i like it that way.

Can a separate forum be created on this site for discussion of Morrissey's sexuality? I have no doubt that there would be plenty of activity on it.

I added a comment. Sloppy journalism. Morrissey even got a 'correction' out of the Daily Mail (national UK newspaper) last year, for saying he had come out.

Er, I don't want him to 'come out' either, and wasn't aware that he had. I thought that Moz fans might be interested in correcting the record.

I added a comment. Sloppy journalism. Morrissey even got a 'correction' out of the Daily Mail (national UK newspaper) last year, for saying he had come out.

Wow, I hadn't heard that. Very interesting. I'm going to try to find that article on the front page archives of Morrissey-solo.

Thanks. Also, after numerous failed attempts, I was finally able to read a cached transcript of THAT letter -- not on this site, by the way; lawyers, be gone! -- and Mozza commented, somewhat cryptically:

"I'm satisfied with the Daily Mail reply - given their nature I think it's a success, and I wasn't looking for an Apology, but a Correction."

played out?:rolleyes:

I tend to think it's more that he'll never be able to label himself, sexually.

yeah, and not just that, but it's not his duty or responsibility to keep anyone updated on his sexual preferences. it really baffles me that people can be so intrusive into someone's sexual life, and feel like they have full right to discuss a person's PERSONAL details as though it is not hurtful or invasive.
it is because all of these actors and singers, 'celebrities' i guess, who base their careers and identities around their sexual orientation, that it has become natural to assume and give opinions about one of the most private aspects of someone's life.
i know a couple of times i argued with people when they'd say "oooh yeah he is TOTALLY gay" especially before his concerts. It sickens me that people think they're entitled to assume things about his sexuality..and talk about it openly...and won't for a moment stop and think "hey ok, if i am really this interested, why don't i go and look at what HE has said about his sexuality, be content with it, and not discuss it as though i hold the knowlege and the truth of not only morrissey, but the world..who is the world...but still"

Who knows and who cares...

Perhaps only Morrissey...

I have better things in life to do than worry about who or what Morrissey choses to indulge with...

Who knows and who cares...

Perhaps only Morrissey...

I have better things in life to do than worry about who or what Morrissey choses to indulge with...

But He-Man, that's another story.

Morrissey is the last of the 80s ambivilent/ambiguous types to declare his sexuality.

Still doesn't alter the fact that it's none of my business.

How retarded :rolleyes:

I don't care if Moz is gay or not, that quetion I wonder about is whether he likes blondes like me or not.

I can work with any sexuality he chooses to be, I'm really flexible.

It's all downhill from here.

Hey check out this story. Military has created a "parallel earth simulator" to test different possible futures. Fox Mulder, please pick up the white courtesy telephone.

"The US Department of Defense (DOD) may already be creating a copy of you in an alternate reality. Putting supercomputers to an innovative use, the military is simulating our planet in an effort to predict the outcome of different scenarios. They might run tests to see how long 'you' can go without food or water, or how 'you' will respond to televised propaganda. Billions of nodes are created in the system, intended to reflect every man, woman, and child. 'Called the Sentient World Simulation (SWS), it will be a "synthetic mirror of the real world with automated continuous calibration with respect to current real-world information", according to a concept paper for the project. Simulex is the company developing these systems, and they list pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly and defense contractor Lockheed Martin among their private sector clients. The U.S. military is their biggest customer, apparently now running the most complex version of the system. JFCOM-9 is now capable of running real-time simulations for up to 62 nations, including Iraq, Afghanistan, and China. The simulations gobble up breaking news, census data, economic indicators, and climactic events in the real world, along with proprietary information such as military intelligence."

Shouldn't this have been put in the USELESS INFO Thread? ;)

Back
Top Bottom