Morrissey article/interview in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette

Could this be you Peter? See...I don't know. It's anonymous.

To whomever it is - Hate on, baby. You're words mean nothing to me. Really. Especially if you can't even provide a user name. One that is recognized and not just signed up. I know you've been here long enough if you can make such a comment about my blog. Which is about me...yes...it's MY blog.

No, it's not Peter. Why would it be, you f***ing idiot?

I'm no more anonymous than you. Use that as an excuse to avoid dealing with the points I've made, though, if you want to.

OK - go ahead and post a range of these alleged stories that you are thinking of. For example, something like, "in this range from May to June 2011 there were 40 posts and 35 of them had nothing to do with Morrissey and were about ex-Smiths". If you can't provide actual evidence, I'm just going to say it doesn't exist and you are talking out of your ass. You should be able to easily find all articles posted in the article archive.

- US Tour begins
- Morrissey on the "Late Show with David Letterman"
- Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013)
- Morrissey article/interview in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette
- Morrissey on music, his 'very athletic' youth - interview in ESPN Sounds
- Brief Morrissey Q&A - newsday.com
Because he's touring, he's out and about and people ask for interviews or write articles.
December 2012
- Morrissey on Mick Ronson in Uncut (Feb. 2013)
- New Zealand / Australia tour
- 'Morrissey's miserable no more' - interview by Tom Cardy in The Dominion Post
- Morrissey interview, 2 songs on 3 News - New Zealand TV
Downtime. Nice articles. Thanks.
- "The unmasking of Burt Macho" - City Fun fanzine exhibition
November 2012
- US dates postponed to 2013
October 2012
- US tour begins, postponed due to issues with Morrissey's mother's health
- Morrissey on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"
- Columbus Dispatch Morrissey interview
- Billboard Morrissey interview
- Metro Morrissey interview
TOUR
- Smiths reunion rumors denied
September 2012
- news.com.au Morrissey interview
- The Phoenix / Boston Morrissey interview
- NZ Herald Morrissey interview
- "A Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Saga Of The Smiths" by Tony Fletcher released (Sep. 6, 2012)
August 2012
- Morrissey statement on the Olympics, new drummer Anthony Burulcich concerning the tour - and should be posted anyway as it's a statement from TTY
- "Studio In Session" featuring Morrissey on Sundance in Canada
July 2012
- Morrissey interview in Greek magazine/website LiFO (July 4, 2012)
- Tour continues to Europe, Middle East, UK; drummer: Eric Gardner
June 2012
- "NME says sorry to Morrissey for the misunderstanding over 2007 article" - NME.com; libel case closed
- Morrissey statement 2 June 2012; Matt Walker exits band
- Morrissey interview in Juice Magazine (Singapore)
all of this is largely due to a TOUR.
- "The Severed Alliance" by Johnny Rogan - 20th Anniversary Edition released
May 2012
- Morrissey interview in the Philippine Daily Inquirer
- Morrissey to Uniqlo: 'Mulesing Is Misery'
- Morrissey asks Aquino to free Philippine elephant
- Tour continues to Southeast Asia, US
TOUR
- Morrissey turns 53 - May 22, 2012
April 2012
- Viva Hate (remastered by Stephen Street) released (UK - April 2, 2012)
- "Suedehead" (Mael Mix) released (UK - April 21, 2012)
- Japan tour
- Morrissey interview in The Philippine Star
Tour
March 2012
- South American tour continues Tour
February 2012
- South American tour begins
- Morrissey interviews in the South American press
Tour
- Stephen Street interview - Louder Than War
January 2012
- "Kit" - No Longer Keeping It Hidden
- South America and Asia tour dates announced Tour

When there isn't a tour, you don't have a lot to post about - understandably - that's when you post endless stories about the other Smiths...which is fine. It's your site. Post as you please. But, you know when you post things that are questionable - like when you posted that article about Morrissey not paying his staff ages ago (which is why Morrissey despises this site, by the way) that's when things get dirty. I'm not talking out of my ass, David, and you know it.

I don't agree that this evidence of a 'rude' quotes is a fair representation of Uncleskinny's posts as a whole. Most are not and he is actually one of the top contributors to the site and Morrissey community in general, in addition to being a moderator on the site. Taking a look at the context, many of the quotes were in response to the anonymous troll behind the MorrisseysWorld Blog who has been persistently posting negativity towards the site here and on their blog. If Uncleskinny or other users wants to blow off some steam on occasion it's perfectly acceptable, but to characterize these posts as representative of all posts in general is just plain wrong.

Of course you wouldn't. There's no need in discussing this any further.

OK - go ahead and post a range of these alleged stories that you are thinking of. For example, something like, "in this range from May to June 2011 there were 40 posts and 35 of them had nothing to do with Morrissey and were about ex-Smiths". If you can't provide actual evidence, I'm just going to say it doesn't exist and you are talking out of your ass. You should be able to easily find all articles posted in the article archive.

The site is a pretty tight focus in subject matter so there will be times there isn't much news. So maybe an article about an ex-Smith is highlighted and seems more important when in a busy time it would just be a side note. If you really think the focus of this site is on the ex-Smiths and not Morrissey's current output as a whole I think you are deluded.

Again, of course you do, David...

Perhaps you should amend your initial statement to say "I agree with Morrissey that the site isn't about him, but only when he's not on tour or in the news". You still didn't provide actual evidence of a stretch of time when a majority of articles were about ex-Smiths.

I also did not post anything about Morrissey being the person responsible for not paying his staff, only a question about a rumor that the staff had not been paid. As I mentioned earlier, at the time I thought it was something to do with the tour manager as previously there were similar issues. But go ahead and spin this issue your way, even though it is 10 years old.

I was talking about how Morrissey had said the site isn't about him - that it covers the other Smiths and stories that has nothing to do with him. So, yeah...I mean, it is MORRISSEY-SOLO.

When there isn't a tour, you don't have a lot to post about - understandably - that's when you post endless stories about the other Smiths...which is fine. It's your site. Post as you please. But, you know when you post things that are questionable - like when you posted that article about Morrissey not paying his staff ages ago (which is why Morrissey despises this site, by the way) that's when things get dirty. I'm not talking out of my ass, David, and you know it.

Perhaps you should amend your initial statement to say "I agree with Morrissey that the site isn't about him, but only when he's not on tour or in the news". You still didn't provide actual evidence of a stretch of time when a majority of articles were about ex-Smiths.

I also did not post anything about Morrissey being the person responsible for not paying his staff, only a question about a rumor that the staff had not been paid. As I mentioned earlier, at the time I thought it was something to do with the tour manager as previously there were similar issues. But go ahead and spin this issue your way, even though it is 10 years old.

No...you know what - I pointed out to you that Morrissey had said this. End of.

I'm not spinning anything my way - YOU POSTED IT. IT WAS QUESTIONABLE AND IT'S LEAD TO THE DOWNFALL OF THIS SITE AND YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH MORRISSEY. It's upsetting. I have been here a long time. A time when Morrissey actually liked this site, and it's upsetting that's it come to all of this.

I have nothing more to say.

I'm not spinning anything my way - YOU POSTED IT. IT WAS QUESTIONABLE AND IT'S LEAD TO THE DOWNFALL OF THIS SITE AND YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH MORRISSEY. It's upsetting. I have been here a long time. A time when Morrissey actually liked this site, and it's upsetting that's it come to all of this.

Can I start calling you smiler now?

I don't want to have a relationship with the type of person that gets upset when they are held accountable for their actions.

Last edited:
You see? I was right all along...abusive, hateful, sarcastic, and arrogant. You know I'm not Smiler. Perfect example of how absurd you can be.

Where did I say you were Smiler? You've lost any last scintilla of credibility by actually making stuff up now. Just give up and go and have a cuppa or something. And would you care to point out what was it about that very short post that was (a) abusive, (b) hateful, (c) sarcastic and (d) arrogant? You are genuinely making stuff up. I've just had a beer, and I'm feeling good, so you can have the last word here.

P.

Last edited:
Where did I say you were Smiler? You've lost any last scintilla of credibility by actually making stuff up now. Just give up and go and have a cuppa or something. And would you care to point out aout what was it about that very short post that was (a) abusive, (b) hateful, (c) sarcastic and (d) arrogant? You are genuinely making stuff up. I've just had a beer, and I'm feeling good, so you can have the last word here.

P.

I had apologised, but I think maybe I did that in haste as well. I've already pointed it out - I'm not smiler - and your comment seems somewhat supportive to Vivahate's post.

Last edited:
Ok...I'm sorry. I figured you were agreeing with that idiot vivahate that he was correct in assuming I am smiler. I am not Smiler. I wrote that in haste, and I am sorry for that.

I didn't make anything up...

I mean this in all sincerity: haven't you got anything better to do with your life?

I mean this in all sincerity: haven't you got anything better to do with your life?

As of right now, this moment...I definitely could find something else to do. And should. As a whole, though, absolutely. I don't spend nearly as much time on here as a lot of these posters do. But I have some downtime today so I thought I'd answer questions that had been pushed my way from comments last night. Only to get bullied...go figure.

As of right now, this moment...I definitely could find something else to do. And should. As a whole, though, absolutely. I don't spend nearly as much time on here as a lot of these posters do. But I have some downtime today so I thought I'd answer questions that had been pushed my way from comments last night. Only to get bullied...go figure.

Bullied? Slightly melodramatic, don't you think?

You've come onto a website, complete with your unjustified sense of entitlement, and criticised the site owner for how he runs the site. How do you expect to be treated?

I'm glad you have better things to do. Your life would be pretty pointless if what you've been doing today was the most worthwhile way you could use your time. Are you a childless spinster, by any chance? Anyway, I suggest you go and attend to the more important stuff.

"I survive because the songs are strong, and for no other reason. I have never once relied on a promotional campaign, and even now, I can't imagine what such a feeling must be like."

Oh dear. This is one of the stupidest things he's ever said. Every time an album comes out, there is a promotional campaign whether it's adverts in the music press, on radio stations, posters on walls etc. As for surviving because the songs are strong, his current world nostalgia tour succeeds largely because it he is relying (with very little exception) on very old material. It succeeds because of nostalgia. The reason no-one's interested in making a decent offer is because the new songs are so incredibly weak.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom