Morrissey and Johnny Marr fancy dress this saturday!

The_Delaney91

Hi all,

Me and my friend are both massive smiths/morrissey fans. Us and a group of mates are going to a halloween indie disco in Newcastle on Saturday. Anyway we thought instead of the usual boring vampires and devils we'd do something a bit different, creative and a bit humorous, and go as Mozzer and Johnny Marr. We are both girls, 18 and 19! (I'm a tad worried about stepping out into the toon dressed as a couple of men I'll admit, but hopefully people will get the joke and who we're supposed to be and appreciate our fabulous music taste - if not I'll have to think of some witty and Morrissey-esque comebacks)

Anyway we're just needing costume ideas, please! I was thinking, for myself (I'll have the honour of dressing as the man himself), I'm gonna clip the back of my hair somehow so it looks short (?), backcomb the front into a quiff and then hairspray. I've got some nhs wayfarer clear specs which I'm gonna wear, and possibly if I could somehow customise an earphone to look like a hearing aid (god knows how). Then I'm gonna have a look in some charity shops and buy a baggy silk blouse or shirt, wear that half undone with a plain white top underneath. What should I write on the white top? I think I can remember seeing Morrissey on TOTP with 'Marry Me' written on his chest? Or can anyone think of anything better? Anyway, then I'm just gonna hang loads of strings of pearls, sequins and rosary beads round my neck, and just jeans obviously with the gladioli and some plain black ballet pumps (can't face wearing mens shoes as well :eek: haha).

My friend as Johnny is a bit harder. I was thinking if I could somehow get her hair into a quiff as well, with one strand hanging over her forehead, and then she could just tuck the back of her hair into a black beret? I have an old, thin plain gold hoop earring which she could wear in one ear, and some black wayfarer sunglasses with a black leather blazer type jacket, roll neck blue polka dot 80s jumper with a chandelier sort of necklace she has, white skinny jeans and some brogues?

Will this look even half recognisable as to who we are meant to be, do you think? I want to do this properly to prevent it looking like we've just come out dressed as two blokes! :lbf: does anyone have any different/better ideas? (Two of our other mates who are beatles fans are going as Lennon and Mccartney and we have to beat them in the good costume stakes)

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom