Morrissey and Boz Boorer are working on a new album

Happy Martyr debuted their single today. :o I wish Morrissey fans would be more couth sometimes. :( Boz must be a very patient man.

Nice.
Lovin' the couth :thumb:

Uncouth is also lovely though. As a word, not as a way of life.

Oh, Boz is very open when it comes to talking about past work etc. but he's famously tight-lipped about what's going on in the world of Morrissey while it's happening -- there's a mutual respect there. If you want to ask about old tracks and whatnot I don't see why not -- nobody forced him to engage on FB -- but don't expect answers about new albums and the like.

To be fair, Boz is very approachable on Facebook and answered my query about the studio version of "I'm Playing Easy To Get" incredibly promptly. I'm sure he's not too fazed by people asking questions - he's a big boy now and can look after himself!

I am beyond treatment, dear Joe. Euthanasia beckons for this sick puppy..

Well take comfort in the fact that Morrissey himself seems to be something of a sick and obsessive punster :)

To be fair, Boz is very approachable on Facebook and answered my query about the studio version of "I'm Playing Easy To Get" incredibly promptly. I'm sure he's not too fazed by people asking questions - he's a big boy now and can look after himself!

What did Boz write to you about a studio version of "I'm Playing Easy To Get?" Did they ever record a studio version?

I've always liked that song.

How about a Moz 'n' Adam Ant duet? Boz could make it happen.

I believe a duet was mooted previously.

In the mid-nineties, Adam suggested doing a Johnny Thunders song, "You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory." It never got any further than that. It would have been interesting though.

Last edited:
What did Boz write to you about a studio version of "I'm Playing Easy To Get?" Did they ever record a studio version?

I've always liked that song.

Yes, they did and pre-Swords I asked if there was a chance that the studio version might make it onto the final track-listing. He said he thought that was a great idea! But in the end it didn't make it on there, of course.

Oh, Boz is very open when it comes to talking about past work etc. but he's famously tight-lipped about what's going on in the world of Morrissey while it's happening -- there's a mutual respect there. If you want to ask about old tracks and whatnot I don't see why not -- nobody forced him to engage on FB -- but don't expect answers about new albums and the like.

Unless...

"hi boz,I just read this...:"Boz is working on a new album with Morrissey!!"..its true?Greetings"

"not right now, no, don't belive everything you read, it's all lies you know"

P.

Hello people, I'm new to the forum as of today and definitely got some reading up to do. ;)
But this news turns out to be false? Shame.
Could've done with some new moz/boz songs..

Last edited:
Looks like Adam Ant is a more reliable source for Morrissey news than Boz.

Or Boz just didn't want to spill the beans...OR Boz isn't involved, which seems a bit unlikely due that he's set to be at the live dates this year -- still not impossible.

Time for someone to start regularly checking Warner-Chappell for new song titles...

Back
Top Bottom