Liverpool - Empire Theatre (July 19, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Irish Blood, English Heart / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Speedway / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Night Pop Dropped / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Notre-Dame / How Soon Is Now? / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / My Hurling Days Are Done / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @Dusty Miller's Hornpipe

Last edited:
Etc. etc. etc.

Nothing in particular

Too many.

It’s odd to think of how much this song has changed since the original studio version. Obviously the first live incarnation was different (personally, I like both from that era and), but I can do without the mutated rats version he’s insisted upon serving up in recent years.
This song became a Moz classic because of that live version on Beethoven Was Deaf, more than the original version.

The red light and smoke on this tour suit the song so well. Makes for great photos too :)

Can you see it in your heart ?

He drives everybody mad :rock:

WTF !!!!!!
That was shocking, absolutely dire.
Carmen and Jessi get yer 4kin coats now, the pair of you are out of your depths
it’s not even a hard song to play. I can play that with my eyes shut.
Its now become bonkers that there are better tribute bands on the pub circuit’s
performing these songs.

Whatever sinks yer ship Steve :clap: :clap::clap:
Never get a deal now !!!!!!!!

Benny 🇬🇧:knife:

I hope a guitar quits after this UK tour. Any one. Hopefully the oldest. The youngest would be fine as well.

This song became a Moz classic because of that live version on Beethoven Was Deaf, more than the original version.

The red light and smoke on this tour suit the song so well. Makes for great photos too :)
First heard it in ‘92 at The Hollywood Bowl and was hooked. Couldn’t wait for the studio release. Still boggles the mind it was a b-side.

The rats bit, however relative (I forget the exact reason I was told he added it), takes away from the atmosphere the music Boz and band created that carried the outro.

Please stop posting any of this recent footage, we don’t want anymore of this embarrassing evidence that this shit ever took place.
I’ve seen better tribute performers in back street public houses.

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

GIVE MY REGARDS TO LIME STREET.
Very synth heavy sound from the new band, surprisingly (it's been a while for myself) Stop Me' was back to an 80s synth pop song via Ronson / Merryweather I suppose? Suedehead also newly polished.
Not a fan of the snare having the electro pulse effect on it, got very same sounding very quickly to my ears. Like the drummer wants to be in The Human League or something? When he's not in the gym that is...
Moz on great form though it has to be said, could he actually be enjoying himself I thought? Coma, IBEH immaculate and what a fantastic job the sound man was doing in there.
Can't remember last time I could distinguish from one player to the other so easily at a Moz show.
There's a rock and roll band in there somewhere, I'd have them learn Glamorous Glue next.

Attachments

• IMG_20230719_202051_864.jpg
    IMG_20230719_202051_864.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
there was probaly more energy in that chaos video than most bigger acts get in a whole show.
mid 60s and still doing it very well.vivaM.

Billy Fury

Billy Fury….. I’ll never find another you….

This was my parents song…

They were devoted to each other for 45 years,

No violence nor affairs.

Just love.

I’ll never find another you,
Was played at my father’s funeral in 08.

Looking at the Mozz t shirt
With Billy on,
This was my dads era….

He had a great Quiff all his life ….

Something his 3 sons
Couldn’t erect 😞😞😞

I spoke to a married couple from Manchester who were a bit disappointed (some may even say baffled) that he plays two shows in Liverpool, but no-one in Manchester.
were they hoping a manchester show would help their relationship?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom