Later With...Jools Holland (tonight)

Poco Innocente

A ring a ding ding
Apparently Tony Visconti is on Jools tonight. (BBC2 11:35pm)

And don't moan this should be in off topic! Surely it counts as general discussion (Moz related) :p It doesn't deserve to be moved in and lost amongst the arse licking and brown nosing threads of off-topic.

Oh and I have no idea if this has already be mentioned :rolleyes:

And don't moan this should be in off topic! Surely it counts as general discussion (Moz related) :p It doesn't deserve to be moved in and lost amongst the arse licking and brown nosing threads of off-topic.

Its a gen topic, calm down poco lol!

Hey OT is not that bad.. come and chat. There is more to life than Morrissey you know.

Its a gen topic, calm down poco lol!

Hey OT is not that bad.. come and chat. There is more to life than Morrissey you know.

yessssssssss!!! I AM CAPTAIN GENERAL DISCUSSION!...back of the net!

I tried OT for a time but I might as well have been postnig to myself :p

Thanks for this notice - appreciated.

one last bump :p

well we got our Moz mention! Although I'm not sure about this "more flange on the guitar" - discusting

Tony said he was very intense in the studio, often quoting films for inspiration.

Goodnight.

Peter

oh yeah and that too. but flangeeeeeeee...come onnnn :p

explain please what was the comment?

*feels stupid* :o

Tony said summit about more flange on the guitar. of course i might have heard him wrong. maybe it's some guitar techno lingo :p

omg did u see it? realyy? it was great. tony was talkin to jools and they talked about our moz. i love it when people do that. will it be repaeted. god i sooooooooo hope so

flanging...i've heard it all now

it's a type of guitar effect/pedal just about everyone (who plays) has one. you've heard it sooooo many times before. I promise. It's really spacy sounding if you turn it on all the way. woooooooooshshewwwoooooooshhhhh! okay I'll stop now. OH!! the version of Jack the Ripper on "My Early Burglary Years" is a great example of a flange effect! The palm mute thing at the beginning and all through the song. chkachkachkachkachkachkachka. okay I'm really done..

And to be clear, Visconti said that instructions such as 'more flange on the guitar' would never pass Moz's lips in the studio- what a relief..And apparently he shakes with emotion after delivering a vocal. That's more like it.

Yep, it's very much apparent songs such as "On The Streets I Ran" that makes ROTT is one of his best.

it's a type of guitar effect/pedal just about everyone (who plays) has one. you've heard it sooooo many times before. I promise. It's really spacy sounding if you turn it on all the way. woooooooooshshewwwoooooooshhhhh! okay I'll stop now. OH!! the version of Jack the Ripper on "My Early Burglary Years" is a great example of a flange effect! The palm mute thing at the beginning and all through the song. chkachkachkachkachkachkachka. okay I'm really done..

cheers for that i shall go have a listen!

Back
Top Bottom