Is your other half a smiths/morrissey fan?

My other bit is every bit as much into The Smiths and Moz as I am , we have been going to the gigs together since 1984 , which makes us very old but the gig going keeps us young
Its our kids who moan , answer you know where the door is :D
We even got on stage and shook hands with the man at a gig at Newcastle in 2004 , kids very embarrassed when found out and grounded us for a week :rolleyes:
Wont stop till Moz drops

I think i have made my boyfriend less of a fan through my obsession. Funny things is he looks like Morrissey. Even his mum & daughter have got a little confused between pictures of Moz and him. Although, he did allow me to name our son after Morrissey (middle name)

My boyfriend hates Morrissey from the very bottom of his heart! There no chance that he will become a Morrissey fan.
Morrissey is depressive nutcase for him, but thats ok:
Morrissey is my thing, theres no need to have everything in common.

Yes. I could never live with someone who didn't "get" Morrissey. Besides, he's got a pile of old Smiths 45's.

LATE EDIT: You know that it's really over when you are at peace with, nay happy, to wave goodbye to Smiths 45's...

Last edited:
sid james said:
I certainly don't - I thought we were all supposed to be single and miserable? This thread disturbs me greatly... :confused:

I'm disturbed as well! I'm very single and somewhat miserable [but not because I'm single]........I'm actually glad that I'm single, free and available for when the right person comes along.......this person better love Moz/Smiths or he will suffer a lot.... specially during sex!

davdavon said:
My girlfriend hates him... she thinks he's a miserable old whiner.. which is odd because her favorite bands are Radiohead and Placebo which are more than a little influenced by Smiths/Moz... oh well.

Mine hates him too.

And I really am considering dumping her.......

M-in-Oz said:
I think i have made my boyfriend less of a fan through my obsession. Funny things is he looks like Morrissey. Even his mum & daughter have got a little confused between pictures of Moz and him. Although, he did allow me to name our son after Morrissey (middle name)

You lucky girl! Got any pictures you'd like to share?:D

My husband likes some of his stuff (from what he's heard me play), but I wouldn't consider him a fan. He really didn't know who The Smiths were before we met. But, he keeps asking me to burn him a cd of some of my favorite Moz/Smiths stuff and I keep forgetting :mad:

theunseenprimarycolor said:
I have a pretty funny story. Years ago I was dating what was referred to as an emo girl. one day she started bitching at me about morrissey and how all he does is whine. funny thing is her favorite artist was dashboard confessional. I laughed at her so hard we broke up after having dated for two years. Honestly that moment was worth ending the relationship over. it still makes me laugh.

well done. Dashboard Confessional are whiny bastards.

iv converted my girl who "has heard of him", to agreein to see him at ally pally 01/05/06 to coming to see him at portsmouth and kings lynn on this tour and she already has her favourites, ganglord bein one of them !xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Brel said:
My wife is a fan. We met in the late eighties, she was a friend of a friend. I won her over one night when a few of us went to her (Manchester University) Halls room. I was a bit drunk, and spotted her huge Morrissey poster on the wall, I walked in and kissed it. That was Friday, we started dating on the Monday. We got engaged years later, on the day that Southpaw was released. Moz played at our wedding (not!), but he did start the Esteban comeback tour on our Anniversary, which was very nice of him!

So great story!It made me laugh( especially kissing poster part) And i like the fact that someone who is in happy relationship can relalte and love MOz. because one of my friends said(when she got her first boyfriend)that she cant relate any more. I thought(and all of my other friends):my God, how pathetic is that!

M-in-Oz said:
veradicere said:
You lucky girl! Got any pictures you'd like to share?:D

yeah, i want to see photos of him too!

tender hooligan said:
So great story!It made me laugh( especially kissing poster part) And i like the fact that someone who is in happy relationship can relalte and love MOz. because one of my friends said(when she got her first boyfriend)that she cant relate any more. I thought(and all of my other friends):my God, how pathetic is that!

I totally agree with you and your friends, that girl sounds pretty lame! I don't think it's possible for me to ever feel like I can't relate to Moz's music anymore.......I could be married with 4 kids and living in a huge mansion and I'd still listen and feel the same about MoZ. She was probably a faux fan.

On a different note........I love all the stories of people converting their significant others, I think it's so cute!......I've never converted a boyfriend [cause I've never had one (by choice!) ] but I did achieve the great task of converting one of the most unlikely candidates to be a Moz fan......a good friend who's an ultra right-wing racist who listens to satanic music and former dope dealer.....he's actually real nice [to me at least]........anyway, he used to be in love with me and I never gave him the time of day because of the dope issue but mostly cause he had a huge confederate flag hanging in his room and other vile Nazi propaganda.....[I dont' subscribe to those views] he always played his satan music for me and showed me all his evil writtings...etc it was his way of trying to impress me I guess.....one day I got sick of his music and I went out to my car to get my CDs, I took over his stereo and played him Psychocandy cd by Jesus and Mary Chain and MEAT IS MURDER, to my surpise he said he liked both a lot, specially Smiths......I thought he was BSing me but he actually asked to barrow both cds and I did.......turns out he has a really soft spot deep inside that hateful heart of his..[so cute!].....days later I let him barrow more MOz stuff and that's how the conversion got started......now he owns all Smiths/Moz music and even got a Moz tattoo which I suggested.......he's still a huge racist right-winger with homsexual tendensies who listens to satanic music....but at least now Moz plays a part in his life...when Moz comes to the U.S. again, he's coming with me to see him.......how cute is that?? I love complex/conflictiing personalities like his.......by the way, he's the one who got me into mAnn Coulter and I thank him for that cause there's no one like her in politics, just like theres' noone like Moz in music.

Back
Top Bottom