A year and a half ago....

spazrock

....I got my first Morrissey CD "Live at Earls Court" and since then I have listened and become a fan of EVERY Smiths/Morrissey album. Morrissey has become one of the most important musicians/artists to have changed my life... I don’t think people that I know understand, but I’m sure people here do… thanks…. :)

I've listened to The Smiths for around three years and Morrissey's solo works for about two and half and I can understand what you mean. For a start Morrissey has made me appreciate good music none of that Papa Roach nonsense. :D

I understand :D

Yes it's amazing how quickly you get into him too, one minute it's oh his best of is a fiver might as well and then bam you're arms are up at a moz concert and ur screaming along to all his songs which u know perfectly :)

I understand!
Knowning Smiths/Moz for 2 years now, still listening at least 6 hours everyday to it! I can play my own music at work, everybody knows me as that obsessed Mozfreak and can't believe I'm not getting tired of it, All my life I live for music, from Prince to The Cure, and from jazz/fusion to raggea and latin, then I discovered Smiths/Moz, totally obsessed by it, still don't know what hit me! Truly, best thing happened to me in my life...

....I got my first Morrissey CD "Live at Earls Court" and since then I have listened and become a fan of EVERY Smiths/Morrissey album. Morrissey has become one of the most important musicians/artists to have changed my life... I don’t think people that I know understand, but I’m sure people here do… thanks…. :)

Oh I understand.

And I'm very proud of you :)

I completely understand your sentiments. I have always liked The Smiths/Morrissey, and had a few albums, but it was only really this year that I got totally obsessed after seeing him live. In the months that followed I bought all the studio albums, DVD's, live stuff, joined here, and lots of other stuff. I have always been hugely into music and very influenced by lyrics. I love Radiohead, but no other artist has really lifted my mood as effectively. I am amazed with the breadth and depth of the music and lyrics, there are songs to fit every mood.

I can't imagine my life without Morrissey's music now. I've found myself to be a happier person since getting more involved, and my life feels somehow more complete, which to an ordinary boy (or girl for that matter) would probably sound trite, but I know you understand.

I've not become completely mental and started dressing up in his honour or anything (though I totally respect people who do that to show their appreciation), or trying to visit all locations he's been to (though combined with a pub crawl that would be quite fun), but I am 100% Morrissey music obsessed and a reasonable bit obsessed about everything else relating to him too.

I don't know how many other artists can speak to their audience the way that he does to us, or how much devotion they inspire - I'm sure quite a few of them have "fans" like us, but no one else has ever managed it with me.

Last edited:
I only got into the Smiths in March, when I downloaded 'Heaven Knows' onto my MP3, I then set about owning all the Smiths' albums and at least hearing every Moz song ever written, which I have now achieved, and I'm going to see him on Friday! :D

I must have been 16, or probably 17 (it was during first year of 6th form at least) and just got toally into The Smiths and Moz followed.

First one i bought was 'The Very best Of'.

Back
Top Bottom