im drunk & in the sty

drinking more than one night a week when you work at a bar aint odd babe :cool:
so unless you gonna come here and set me straight urself, you can stfu :o
It is odd.

How about you have a nice, big cup of STFU. I am only trying to help.

Robby, if you weren't publicizing it 24/7, I would send you a PM. You just can't handle Real Talk.

real talk aint rkelly toots :rolleyes:

ps: i do not drink 24/7 but you may be here monitoring whether i am close to that amount :eek:
thx 4 that :cool:
c6e7tyraismsmjt9.gif

Real Talk is R. Kelly.

P.S. Whatever, dude.

i haven't used any pills in quite a while, prescribed or otherwise. i just drinktoo much.

I qualify for this thread. Count it! At 9:17pm on a Friday for 2 weekends in a row. yikes! :confused::o;)

drinking more than one night a week when you work at a bar aint odd babe :cool:
so unless you gonna come here and set me straight urself, you can stfu :o

Robby, you open yourself to this when you talk about being clean. It's illegal to drink while being on duty at a bar, and basing your social life around a situation where people get intoxicated is not conducive to staying "clean". So working at a club is not really a reason to drink, especially if drinking changes your personality, or functions as an excuse for you to show other sides of your personality.

Taking those fake "e" pills you took is not a good idea either. When I quit doing an evil drug back in 1997, I quit smoking weed also, and I didn't drink that much anyway, so quitting that was hardly noticeable.

I was so relieved to be free from addiction that I didn't want any drugs. I know it isn't the same for everyone, but I also know that when you quit and go through rehab, you are supposed to do what I did, which is to quit using anything that intoxicates you. The reason is pretty obvious. When you're drinking it's going to be a lot easier to use the drug you have quit, "just once", and make the mistake of thinking that you can handle it.

I did do that, and I could handle it. So I did it occasionally and pretty soon I had my old habit back. I quit again, on my own, no rehab, no meetings, because I knew I didn't want to do it. I am not tempted. There are some drugs that I would find tempting, but not the one I was addicted to.

The point is, if you are going to talk about the details of your life and write things that don't make sense or that are obviously signs that you are having a little bit of trouble with the whole "clean" thing, people might make comments.

You need to be drug-free, and that includes alcohol, or else you have this built-in excuse to make mistakes and act in ways that you normally wouldn't. It's none of my business, which is part of the point here, but if you write about it, people may tell you things you don't want to hear in response.

You've shown that drugs are not a good thing for you. If you feel that not being high is depriving yourself of something then you haven't gotten the message yet. The goal is freedom from addiction and freedom from the urge to get high.

I'm not being a hypocrite. I even went years without smoking weed, and now, if the situation is there I sometimes smoke it, though I haven't since about Thanksgiving. I explain all this because a couple of people here tried to use these things against me calling me a drug addict. Anyway...

If you are drinking and talking drugs you are not clean, and it's a matter of time until you use your drug of choice and find that you can handle it. Briefly. And then you'll be right back where you were before except you will not have as much support and you will feel worse about yourself.

I don't think that I have any special strength but I was able to quit a drug that has a very high rate of relapse. I'm proud I could do that, rather than being ashamed I got hooked in the first place. The whole experience turned out to be a chance to learn.

When you write about being clean, and then you write about being drunk, and about being high, you're really saying that you are having a problem. You should face that now. You're already slipping, but you can see that if you want to, and change. Hopefully you have some help and are going to meetings or something. The way you are going you will wind up addicted again, and at that time you will either quit once and for all, or be one of those serial rehabbers. You need to look at where you're at and where things are going and change things before it's too late.

if that were true you would have sent me a pm :)
but you didnt :o

That's because people that deal with other people's problems one-on-one take on a responsibility, and sponsors do it as part of their own sobriety, psychiatrists get paid, and it's really a little much to ask an "online friend" to take on. Good luck. :)

Robby, you open yourself to this when you talk about being clean. It's illegal to drink while being on duty at a bar, and basing your social life around a situation where people get intoxicated is not conducive to staying "clean". So working at a club is not really a reason to drink, especially if drinking changes your personality, or functions as an excuse for you to show other sides of your personality.

Taking those fake "e" pills you took is not a good idea either. When I quit doing an evil drug back in 1997, I quit smoking weed also, and I didn't drink that much anyway, so quitting that was hardly noticeable.

I was so relieved to be free from addiction that I didn't want any drugs. I know it isn't the same for everyone, but I also know that when you quit and go through rehab, you are supposed to do what I did, which is to quit using anything that intoxicates you. The reason is pretty obvious. When you're drinking it's going to be a lot easier to use the drug you have quit, "just once", and make the mistake of thinking that you can handle it.

I did do that, and I could handle it. So I did it occasionally and pretty soon I had my old habit back. I quit again, on my own, no rehab, no meetings, because I knew I didn't want to do it. I am not tempted. There are some drugs that I would find tempting, but not the one I was addicted to.

The point is, if you are going to talk about the details of your life and write things that don't make sense or that are obviously signs that you are having a little bit of trouble with the whole "clean" thing, people might make comments.

You need to be drug-free, and that includes alcohol, or else you have this built-in excuse to make mistakes and act in ways that you normally wouldn't. It's none of my business, which is part of the point here, but if you write about it, people may tell you things you don't want to hear in response.

You've shown that drugs are not a good thing for you. If you feel that not being high is depriving yourself of something then you haven't gotten the message yet. The goal is freedom from addiction and freedom from the urge to get high.

I'm not being a hypocrite. I even went years without smoking weed, and now, if the situation is there I sometimes smoke it, though I haven't since about Thanksgiving. I explain all this because a couple of people here tried to use these things against me calling me a drug addict. Anyway...

If you are drinking and talking drugs you are not clean, and it's a matter of time until you use your drug of choice and find that you can handle it. Briefly. And then you'll be right back where you were before except you will not have as much support and you will feel worse about yourself.

I don't think that I have any special strength but I was able to quit a drug that has a very high rate of relapse. I'm proud I could do that, rather than being ashamed I got hooked in the first place. The whole experience turned out to be a chance to learn.

When you write about being clean, and then you write about being drunk, and about being high, you're really saying that you are having a problem. You should face that now. You're already slipping, but you can see that if you want to, and change. Hopefully you have some help and are going to meetings or something. The way you are going you will wind up addicted again, and at that time you will either quit once and for all, or be one of those serial rehabbers. You need to look at where you're at and where things are going and change things before it's too late.

That's because people that deal with other people's problems one-on-one take on a responsibility, and sponsors do it as part of their own sobriety, psychiatrists get paid, and it's really a little much to ask an "online friend" to take on. Good luck. :)

maybe you should go back on to The Drugs, because that was one of the dullest posts I've ever read. This is a message board, not an AA meeting.

maybe you should go back on to The Drugs, because that was one of the dullest posts I've ever read. This is a message board, not an AA meeting.

Maybe you need to STFU. He's looking out for a friend, asshole.

Dave that was an amazing post, and although I cannot relate to the drugs part, I couldn't agree more with your last statement.

Tags
robby drinks robby has issues robby is a tool robby rocks
Back
Top Bottom